Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Some Buck stats

Old 12-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Some Buck stats

70% of statistics in online forums are made up on the spot
Old 12-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Seems to me that there have been pics of some pretty big bucks from NC on HNI lately...

Statistically...Germ has less of a chance at a P&Y deer in MI than you do in NC
This is relevant, how?????

Where would you go to kill a biggun? Somebody once said.....there are lies, damn lies and statistics. I've never seen a deer here from, from stand, that would top 120".

Where was the study information compiled, Gary?
Not that It matters to me none but I'd bet there are many more hunters In Michigan then there are In NC and that would tip the percentages and odds big time.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

what about the other 10%???

Ryan.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

70% of statistics in online forums are made up on the spot
That can't be true for all forums. It all depends which server the forum is located on and what weapon...err...programming is used.[8D]
Old 12-06-2008, 03:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Not that It matters to me none but I'd bet there are many more hunters In Michigan then there are In NC and that would tip the percentages and odds big time.
Tht's what I mean about statistics, Schultzy. They can read about any way you want them to. You choose to look at how many hunters......and make your observation, that way. I choose to look at how many of the intended targets are there, statistically.

If Iowa had 500,000 hunters.....and NC had 10......and your goal was to harvest a 200" whitetail.........where do you think your statistical best chance would be?

Old 12-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Tht's what I mean about statistics, Schultzy. They can read about any way you want them to. You choose to look at how many hunters......and make your observation, that way. I choose to look at how many of the intended targets are there, statistically.

If Iowa had 500,000 hunters.....and NC had 10......and your goal was to harvest a 200" whitetail.........where do you think your statistical best chance would be?

Actually Jeff I wasn't disagreeing with you. Someone made a post in saying your odds were better In NC then In Michigan on getting a P&Y buck. The only reason that looks that way Is because there's more hunters In Michigan. Put the same amount of hunters In NC and there odds of getting a P&Y buck will be a hell of allot tougher then Michigan. I think It's pretty safe to say that there's more P&Y bucks In Michigan then In NC and when you pile In all the stats from Michigan with all the hunters It's obviously going to look tougher on paper. That's all I was saying.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

what about the other 10%???

Ryan.
70% + 15% + 15% = 100%

what other 10%???