Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 rybohunter... I'm partly responsible for your respecting deer thread >

rybohunter... I'm partly responsible for your respecting deer thread

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rybohunter... I'm partly responsible for your respecting deer thread

Old 12-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: rybohunter... I'm partly responsible for your respecting deer thread

Hoytail, I hear where you're coming from and I agree. All creatures deserve the same respect that each and every human want's to getfrom his fellow man. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. It's real basic and should be applied to any animal, regardless of type or size.
Early this bow season I shot a doe, she walked away like she wasn't even hit. I watched her bed some 40yrds away. I quickly grabbed my video cam, which I always keep on the ready, and started to film her. She got up and tried to walk away again, fell, and started floundering.I shut off the cam, thinking who wants to look at this footage?She quickly died right there. I actually felt bad for her, despite being a hunter/killer.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: rybohunter... I'm partly responsible for your respecting deer thread

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Reminds me of the old 'Far Side':

What people say to dogs:

"Hey Molly. You're such a good girl, Molly. When we get home, Molly, we're gonna take a long walk! Now come along, Molly!"

What dogs hear:

"Blah Molly. Blah blah blah blah blah, Molly. Blah blah blah blah, Molly, blah blah blah blah blah blah! Blah blah blah, Molly."

What (many) people on HNI hear:

"Blah blah blah blah, baiting. Blah blah blah blah purist."
Allow me to add to this great, and oh so true post

What many of the congregation hear;

"Blah blah blah blah money blah blah blah blah work blah blah blah blah submission...."

Old 12-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

What people say to dogs:

"Hey Molly. You're such a good girl, Molly. When we get home, Molly, we're gonna take a long walk! Now come along, Molly!"

What dogs hear:

"Blah Molly. Blah blah blah blah blah, Molly. Blah blah blah blah, Molly, blah blah blah blah blah blah! Blah blah blah, Molly."

"Blah blah blah blah money blah blah blah blah work blah blah blah blah submission...."
It continues to amaze me how you put "Preacher" in front of your user name.Sad. Oh well,I'm off to enjoy mother nature's giftsonce again.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

What people say to dogs:

What dogs hear:

It continues to amaze me how you put "Preacher" in front of your user name.Sad. Oh well,I'm off to enjoy mother nature's giftsonce again.
Wow! Where did that come from, Jeff? That post was true!!!!! BTW, I am a preacher, are you??? What experience do YOU have?? Just another example of someone talking about things they are ignorant of ..
Old 12-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

What's going on? I just got back from washing my mounts in water warmed by virgins
Liar.........there are no virgins in Michigan.

That's a good Michigan joke except I wouldn't tell it, only you boys from Pa would know why.

Did ya here the one about Michigan coming down to play Ohio State in football. Michigan tried to make it all the way to Columbus but couldn't get past Toledo, the Rockets that is.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

She quickly died right there. I actually felt bad for her, despite being a hunter/killer.
I don't think bad is the right word, I'd say the weight of responsibility is what you felt and it's one only the mature can live with.

It's important it be done and not many are mature enough to do it. Bowhunters are a step up on that "mature ladder" because we look them in the eye when we kill them.

That's a "good feeling" you had, it's maturity.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Bartender

Happy Holidays everyone!
Old 12-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: peakrut

Happy Holidays everyone!
Peace on earth, good will toward men

Same to you Mr. bartender.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

What people say to dogs:

What dogs hear:

Wow! Where did that come from, Jeff? That post was true!!!!! BTW, I am a preacher, are you??? What experience do YOU have?? Just another example of someone talking about things they are ignorant of ..
PT,my apology for misunderstanding what was said.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

And i actually shared camp with you I feel violated now [&:][8D]
ORIGINAL: Germ

What's going on? I just got back from washing my mounts in water warmed by virgins Now I have to kill a chicken, I'll be right back[8D]

Quick Reply: rybohunter... I'm partly responsible for your respecting deer thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.