Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 rybohunter... I'm partly responsible for your respecting deer thread >

rybohunter... I'm partly responsible for your respecting deer thread

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rybohunter... I'm partly responsible for your respecting deer thread

Old 12-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: rybohunter... I'm partly responsible for your respecting deer thread

In anticipation of all the borderline mocking posts yet to come... andI hope they don't but if they do, bottom line is- it's expected and human nature to mock, laugh, or dismiss something we don't understand. If you do, I don't blame you. We are allflawed by design.

It is as I said, a state of heart and mind that I push on nobody but myself. The same hunting ethics that you carry each time you go intoyour woods is basically the same but evolved(doesn't mean better) ethics that I carry into mine. You respect the land and don't litter right? You don't take head shots at deer with your bow right? You don't take frontal shots right?

Someone else who does not have the same code of ethics will probably take a head or frontal shot. They will toss their used handwarmer on the ground. They will do other things that in their mind is not that big a deal. Those things though, are a big deal to you. They are to me as well.

This additional thing I do, is a big deal to me. If you are proud that you are an ethical hunter in your mind, then understand that I am proud of my own beliefs and practices as well. It really is that simple.

-Heu

disclaimer: (always gotta add one of these ) I'm not saying anyone is saying anything or that anyone is holding me from my values and beliefs. I was just making myself clear here.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: rybohunter... I'm partly responsible for your respecting deer thread

ORIGINAL: Germ

What's going on? I just got back from washing my mounts in water warmed by virgins Now I have to kill a chicken, I'll be right back[8D]
Haha. Thats funny
Old 12-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Dominant Buck

It's sorta like describing to a blind man what blue looks like.
It's like describing to a sighted man what blue looks like. You describe it as a brilliant, yet pleasantly demure cobalt hue.

He looks back and says...."royal".

it's expected and human nature to mock, laugh, or dismiss something we don't understand.
While I tend to typically agree with this.....it's also not outside the realm of comprehension that people really DO understand....and just think your ideology is hilarious. I don't. Hey it's "you".

If you do, I don't blame you. We are allflawed by design.
That was a nice addition, there. Well played.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hoytail,
I have to say you are entitled to your right to believe and create your own morality. Im not saying i feel the exact same way b/c I really dont do the whole religion thing, but I believe that your personal spiritual beliefs should be personal to you, and not based on what someone else does or believes yours should be. I respect your opinions and beliefs and i dont really think that it should matter if someone puts something on a pedastool or not. Its probably hipocritical of anyone to say that they dont put anything up on a pedastool as well. In others opinion putting a god or spiritual being up on a pedastool is ridiculous. Could you imagine the responses though if someone were to say "Why do some put Jesus Christ, or mother Mary up on a pedastool. It would be seen as complete blasphomy? and probably be deleted. So why bust on people for being/believing/living their lives/setting their standards a certain way?
Derek
Old 12-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: drockw

Hoytail,
I have to say you are entitled to your right to believe and create your own morality. Im not saying i feel the exact same way b/c I really dont do the whole religion thing
I don't either. Just because I use the word "God" doesn't mean that the Christian god or any god in particular is the driving force behind my conviction. I use it because it speaks to people in general.In fact, I am a godless man, at least in the regard of ones created by man. I only believe in a supreme being(s) but that is not to say I have no ethics, morals, values, etc.

I respect your opinions and beliefs and i dont really think that it should matter if someone puts something on a pedastool or not. Its probably hipocritical of anyone to say that they dont put anything up on a pedastool as well.
You are correct; No one man should decide for another what they should or shouldn't believe. You are correct again; It is hipocritical to say "you" don't put anything or any animal on a pedestal. "You" afterall are hunting deer because you value them more and it's more exciting to you than hunting coons with your bow right?

In others opinion putting a god or spiritual being up on a pedastool is ridiculous.
Yes, there are those who think that closing your eyes and speaking to a physically inexistent entity is pretty silly.(not my words, just something someone once said to me)Personally, I see better and canmake the things I otherwise would be praying for happenmuch quicker with my eyesopen.

Could you imagine the responses though if someone were to say "Why do some put Jesus Christ, or mother Mary up on a pedastool.
This goes back to the point I was trying to make in an earlier post... anytime anyone berates or mocks another's ideologies, convictions, what have ya, the same kinds of basic human ugliness that are responsible for things such as racismare responsible for that same censure.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Dominant Buck

This goes back to the point I was trying to make in an earlier post... anytime anyone berates or mocks another's ideologies, convictions, what have ya, the same kinds of basic human ugliness that are responsible for things such as racismare responsible for that same censure.
Credit where due. That was spot-on.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Credit where due. That was spot-on.
And ahush falls over the room as the truth besets upon us all.

When a man realizes the error of his way he does not receive a final round house for my gratification. Instead he receives my respect and a hand to help him up. Take it if you want it.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:09 AM
Dominant Buck

You lost me, there.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, not worth explaining. You don't have an "error in your way" to begin with. Others that do and don't understand... whatever...they have already made up their minds anyway. Besides, imagine what a man's words might sound like if every 4th or 5th word is replaced with "blah"by the otherman who is supposed to be listening. I haven't the desire right now to untagle the meanings people will draw.

Only on here you(meaning anyone) has to apologize for being a purist or is creepy for having a different set of values.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Reminds me of the old 'Far Side':

What people say to dogs:

"Hey Molly. You're such a good girl, Molly. When we get home, Molly, we're gonna take a long walk! Now come along, Molly!"

What dogs hear:

"Blah Molly. Blah blah blah blah blah, Molly. Blah blah blah blah, Molly, blah blah blah blah blah blah! Blah blah blah, Molly."

What (many) people on HNI hear:

"Blah blah blah blah, baiting. Blah blah blah blah purist."

Quick Reply: rybohunter... I'm partly responsible for your respecting deer thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.