Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's the difference!!?? >

What's the difference!!??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the difference!!??

Old 12-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's the difference!!??

Jeff
I'm currently hunting lots of Christmas gifts for the small fries(this is at our farm about a month ago, I'm the bigger one cheesing out):

Unfortunately I didn't purchase a NC license this season (first time in 10 years) and this late in the game and so close to the holidays I doubt I'll get one. I appreciate the offer and hopefully with some better planning and organizing the '09 season will provide me with some more time to hunt and I'd be thrilledtake you up on it.

And vice-versa, in addition to our farm I've got accesstosome fairly prime VA land from the Eastern Shore to thefoothills of the Blue Ridge MountainsandI can always use a hand trying to pinpoint one of those VA monsters[8D](or a doe I'm not picky).I've yet to hunt with a fellow HNI member but I'm hoping next season to get the chance.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:38 AM
bigcountry

Its a good post Greg. Total agreement with you. Hunting is hunting. People that needs to stop another and tell them they only bowhunt, are insecure. Lots of that on this page.

I see these longbows and recurves shooting 190-200 fps. With fiberglass backs, severe R/D designs, 450+ synthetic8 strand strings,nothing is primitive about them. I am almost finished with a sinewed back yew longbow drawing 60lbs. Only shoots a 500gr arrow 155fps. And I am told on primitive forums that I am not a purist, because I used a bandsaw to cut out my shape. And used a mouse sander to finish it. And lastly because I am not using a sinew string but B500. Some insecure person always has to one up you.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Dominant Buck

People that needs to stop another and tell them they only bowhunt, are insecure. Lots of that on this page.
Stop another hunter???

People who are insecure about HOW they take animals (by seemingly feeling they took an easier road) are abundant, too.......or so it seems.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:11 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

People that needs to stop another and tell them they only bowhunt, are insecure. Lots of that on this page.
Stop another hunter???

People who are insecure about HOW they take animals (by seemingly feeling they took an easier road) are abundant, too.......or so it seems.
Sounds like a personal problem to me. You ought to make an appointment with the dr. on this. Sure there is a pill they could give ya.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Certainly not my problem. My undies aren't in a bunch
Old 12-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Stop wearing thongs

What the heck is this thread about, LOL let me catch up
Old 12-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Site Buck Guru

I don't understand what you mean?

I don't think that I've seen an insecure post from anyone in any forum on the animals they've taken?

Except maybe my7pointmonster?
Old 12-03-2008, 12:16 PM
bigcountry

Well, I guess some people know who they are at a young age, or some it takes some a lifetime. Hence your case.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Dominant Buck

YEah.....I realized early on that there would be people in my life that were insecure about certain things. It's taken me to 44 to learn the petty lengths they'll stoop to though. And for what? Because I'm proud to be a bowhunter?

I don't belittle the accomplishments of animals taken by others via ANY methods....as long as they're legal. It seems today .....you can't be PROUD to be a bow only hunter without being labeled an "elitist". I'm saing what MANY others are thinking but won't say.

We're not making a bad name for ourselves. You're applying the negative, inflammatory monniker without cause or provocation. NOW whos "insecure"?
Old 12-03-2008, 12:25 PM
bigcountry

YEah.....I realized early on that there would be people in my life that were insecure about certain things. It's taken me to 44 to learn the petty lengths they'll stoop to though. And for what? Because I'm proud to be a bowhunter?

I don't belittle the accomplishments of animals taken by others via ANY methods....as long as they're legal. It seems today .....you can't be PROUD to be a bow only hunter without being labeled an "elitist". I'm saing what MANY others are thinking but won't say.

We're not making a bad name for ourselves. You're applying the negative, inflammatory monniker without cause or provocation. NOW whos "insecure"?
Well, I wasn't replying to you, I was replying to Greg. I would say Greg is a very secure hunter/man.

Keep hunting a few more years, you will learn. So hold that thought.

Quick Reply: What's the difference!!??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.