Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DNR

Old 12-02-2008, 10:57 AM

Default RE: DNR

ORIGINAL: DropTine249
The 'Sunday Hunting' thing will be debated until the end of time, and probably after that !

Anyone who chooses to be against Sunday hunting, also suffers, as THEY cant hunt on Sunday, either !

I'm for no Sunday hunting- only for the "quality" aspect of things. I think the deer herds will be GREATLY dimishined, should Sunday hunting in NJ, go through. Personally, I vote against it.

I understand that many hunters, MYSELF included, would be able to hunt many more days per season, but our season is already long enough, in NJ. Like I said above, many more deer will get blasted, and our States deer herd will suffer.

Now, if the Fish and Wildlife Dept. changed some of the other regulations, like bag limits, tags, antler restrictions, then yes, Sunday hunting wouldnt be an issue.
But why Sunday? Why not no Tuesday hunting? MANY states allow Sunday hunting and are in ship shape...like I said, guys who work like amule their whole life, may only have Sunday off as their only day off during the week (several of my extended family members included)...I just don't understand how a herd benefits from not being hunted one day a week? Especially Sundays. If it is about alleviating pressure, why not No Saturday hunting? This should really knock down the hunting pressure.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with Trev 100% on this one.

If MN outlawed sunday hunting, I'd be screwed. For some people who work, or go to school, it'd be hell.

Not everybody can hunt during the weekdays
Old 12-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

I think NC does a decent job. Id like to see it go to EAB or one buck only.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

Oh, and in Virginia i would also like to see the ban on sunday hunting lifted so people can actually use there whole weekend.

If VA put antler restrictions in and limitations on dog hunting, along with getting rid of the sunday hunting ban, i would say there doing an amazing job, but until then there falling short IMO.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

KY. is awesome!!!!!!

I need some help, I can't remember KY. being a two buck state.[&o]

I did not hunt for a few years in the "90"s. Was it a two buck state for a short time then?[&:]
Old 12-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

ORIGINAL: DropTine249
The 'Sunday Hunting' thing will be debated until the end of time, and probably after that !

Anyone who chooses to be against Sunday hunting, also suffers, as THEY cant hunt on Sunday, either !

I'm for no Sunday hunting- only for the "quality" aspect of things. I think the deer herds will be GREATLY dimishined, should Sunday hunting in NJ, go through. Personally, I vote against it.

I understand that many hunters, MYSELF included, would be able to hunt many more days per season, but our season is already long enough, in NJ. Like I said above, many more deer will get blasted, and our States deer herd will suffer.

Now, if the Fish and Wildlife Dept. changed some of the other regulations, like bag limits, tags, antler restrictions, then yes, Sunday hunting wouldnt be an issue.
But why Sunday? Why not no Tuesday hunting? MANY states allow Sunday hunting and are in ship shape...like I said, guys who work like amule their whole life, may only have Sunday off as their only day off during the week (several of my extended family members included)...I just don't understand how a herd benefits from not being hunted one day a week? Especially Sundays. If it is about alleviating pressure, why not No Saturday hunting? This should really knock down the hunting pressure.
I agree; it makes no sense to make hunting on Sunday illegal. They tried that here in Michigan, but it got smacked down! They even made it illegal to hunt on lands of another person on Sunday, and that got smacked down.

Personally, I just don't understand the logic, and I think Trevor makes a very valid point, "why Sunday, why not Tuesday or some other day?"
Old 12-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Deffenitly not doing there job In Minnesota!!![:@]
x2

Old 12-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RackLuster

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Deffenitly not doing there job In Minnesota!!![:@]
x2
So that is 4/4 voting NO, so far from MN...

Hmmm...[:'(]
Old 12-02-2008, 11:24 AM

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

KY. is awesome!!!!!!

I need some help, I can't remember KY. being a two buck state.[&o]

I did not hunt for a few years in the "90"s. Was it a two buck state for a short time then?[&:]
I'd have to ask my Dad, but Im fairly certain back when he hunted it was a 2 buck state...maybe I was confused. He quit hunting late 80s though, so It would be awhile ago. Ive been hunting since 1999 or 2000, and as you know...1 buck state since I have been around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.