Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DNR

Old 12-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default DNR

Do you think your dnr is doing the wright thing in your state?

I am from wisconsin and the dnr is just crazy. We had a bad year realy bad not many people were seeing deer and the numbers are realy low for deer being killed. Now they say that this is a good thing and that this is how they think it should be.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: DNR

Deffenitly not doing there job In Minnesota!!![:@]
Old 12-01-2008, 09:24 PM

All in all I think Kentucky manages their hunters and deer herd rather well.

They offer a 2-3 week rifle season peak rut to keep all the gun hunters happy, yet limit us to one buck per season, and give bowhunters Sept-Jan to hunt. They seem to know how to keep all parties happy and still keep deer numbers in check. I am satisfied, and honestly, don't want to see KY change back to a two buck state. I like how one buck tag pressures people to hold off for bigger deer, however selfish that may be.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:33 PM

Illinois is going to be lucky to still have a DNR with our governor running amok. I think they did ok when they had funding and reasonable input on wildlife conservation and themeans to regulate it. Who knows where it will be in 5yrs.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Illinois DNR is a JOKE
Old 12-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am very pleased with the DNR in Kentucky and the one buck limit, like Trevor. It seems to be working.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

All in all I think Kentucky manages their hunters and deer herd rather well.

They offer a 2-3 week rifle season peak rut to keep all the gun hunters happy, yet limit us to one buck per season, and give bowhunters Sept-Jan to hunt. They seem to know how to keep all parties happy and still keep deer numbers in check. I am satisfied, and honestly, don't want to see KY change back to a two buck state. I like how one buck tag pressures people to hold off for bigger deer, however selfish that may be.

I agree but I would like to see them tweak the start of gun season back off of the second Saturday.This week was a week too early imo and would like to see it hit the middle of November every year.

They even allow crossbows to be used but there season starts a little later and they do an awesome job getting the youth involved.They are FREE untill they turn 12,then they are required to have an orange card and liscenses.

AND,from what I have seen and heard,it seems Ky does a better job with it's money than anyone.No tax dollars(unless donated) either,all their money comes from us,the hunters through our tags and liscenses.Atleast that is the way I understand it.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:58 PM

The DNR has done a great job here in KY...I would hate to see it go 2 buck. Deer would get over pressured even more than they are now. However, I would like to see 2 weeks maximum on rifle season. Too many peopel get trigger happy around here and go John Wayne on everything.

I have passed a few bucks, because I know there are bigger bucks in the area. With that said, the ones that I passed up are hopefully going to larger next year....but, I am kinda of regretting passing one up.

The DNR has been good about the CWD as well.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowtechHunting

The DNR has done a great job here in KY...I would hate to see it go 2 buck. Deer would get over pressured even more than they are now. However, I would like to see 2 weeks maximum on rifle season. Too many peopel get trigger happy around here and go John Wayne on everything.

I have passed a few bucks, because I know there are bigger bucks in the area. With that said, the ones that I passed up are hopefully going to larger next year....but, I am kinda of regretting passing one up.

It is 2 weeks,just 3 weekends,unless you are counting the free youth weekend and the youth only weekend along with muzzleloader week and early weekend.Yeah,maybe a little too much for firarm season[8D] BUT we get 4 1/2 months.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:10 PM

ORIGINAL: TFOX

ORIGINAL: BowtechHunting

It is 2 weeks,just 3 weekends,unless you are counting the free youth weekend and the youth only weekend along with muzzleloader week and early weekend.Yeah,maybe a little too much for firarm season[8D] BUT we get 4 1/2 months.
LOL exactly. There are alot of youth seasons, plus. ML seasons only eqaute to 1-2 weeks and they fall in Oct and Dec, not peak month. crossbow hunters get alot of time now too, almost all of Oct, and alot of Nov and Dec.

I agree, I would like to see gun season fall a week or two later...but gun hunters sure wouldn't, which is what I was saying about keeping them happy as well as bowhunters happy.

I find it crazy that I can hit the woods any day between Sept 62008 and Jan 18 2009 and bowhunt for deer, too cool!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.