Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you lose weight/get beat up? >

Do you lose weight/get beat up?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you lose weight/get beat up?

Old 12-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Do you lose weight/get beat up?

I know there are a lot of people here that log some serious hours on stand. I havent' missed a hunt since opening day of bow season. Don't know how many hours or sits (I dont' keep track). I'm just going to say ..... a ton [8D]. Throw in the miles logged on your body pre season and the season itself does your body feel it towards the end of the season? I shed about 10-15 lbs. every hunting season. A lot of dings along the way. At this point my legs feel like4" x 4"'s. Neck, back, feet, etc... all but shot. I feel like I've been in a 12 rounder with Mike Tyson . Who else puts their body through holy hell? Or am I just getting old? Oh well... gotta get to a stand cya.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Banned

Default RE: Do you lose weight/get beat up?

Yep...I lost 12 lbs elk hunting on my 10 day hunt and 5 lbs on my MN hunt and have kept it off with MO whitetail scouting/hunting too. Hiking, climbing, lugging climbing sticks, a stand, a pack,hanging, tearing down setups each hunt and rehanging for the next day etc. Eating lightly on stand and now that it is cold out I will burn calories trying to stay warm on stand. I am at my perfect weight and perfect health right now and have never been in better shape, that I can recall. 200# 6' 3" and no fat. I plan on keeping it that way too. The most I have ever weighed is 220# but I like the 200# weight best.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

I go unaffected by hunting seasons. Mostly due to the fact im training minimum 5 days a week and always keep a very consistent diet.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

I've lost 17 lbs since October 12th. That is the date we started our Colorado elk trip. I don't contribute it to fat loss but muscle loss. I've lost 25 lbs off my bench so far from that date. I just can't get in the gym as much due to being in a tree stand for a week at a time. I know I've lost some fat too but I had 13 percent before and it's down to 9-10 percent. I'm starting to get back in there and have been getting back to what I was.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Beat up yes [&o]........but 3 weeks in Missouri with Greg's (Greg/MO)wife Alison making sure we don't miss a meal???
I think I gained 5lbs hunting hard everyday.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

count me in, in the beat up club I got beat down as well. lost 9 lbs and ate like crap when i was eating Im getting a weeks rest of no season right now and ill go at again when its back in. hope you recover
Old 12-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

minimal sleep, minimal food (deer jerky and water when hunting), and 90-100 hours on stand. Yes I am tired and beat up, but not even close to being done for the year..
I love it
Old 12-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Matt hit the nail on the head... LOL!

I'm EXTREMELY beat up right now (I actually NEEDED the week off for Thanksgiving...) Got up at 4:15 again and had to come home to take a nap before I could function coherently for the rest of the day. Next two days will be afternoon hunts after work; trying to squeeze as much in as I can before the last Illinois gun season.

Good news is it looks like my landowner is FINALLY getting the corn off the farm, so maybe my buck sightings will increase some. Hopefully.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Unfortunantly the weight don't drop to much but the body sure takes a beating. I don't know what it is about sitting on stand that makes my fricken neck get stiff and ache but it sure does. I am standing most of the time on stand too so the lower back and legs ache like the dickens. It must be the age creeping in though because my 26 year old hunting buddy says nothing bothers him at all. [:@][:@]
Old 12-01-2008, 01:25 PM

I have lost about 13 pounds since the last week of Oct, and one of my knees is killing me. Rain sent me home early yesterday and I spent the eve on the couch with ice on it. Also have carpal tunnel in both wrists that really gets aggrevated hanging stands and driving as much as I have lately. Makes what little sleep I have been getting not much good, lol.

Bring on the late season!

Quick Reply: Do you lose weight/get beat up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.