Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you lose weight/get beat up? >

Do you lose weight/get beat up?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you lose weight/get beat up?

Old 12-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you lose weight/get beat up?

I will usually loose 15-20 lbs. in the first month andhalf of the season. I typicallyhavecuts and bruises covering my bodyfrom the set-ups. Just part of the deal - makessuccess tastethat much sweeter!

Usually, whenwe finally do get a big one down, we're so beat all wewant to dois sleep! he he he...
Old 12-01-2008, 04:01 PM

lose some weight yeah sure a bit maybe - beat up YES
Old 12-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I lost 20lbs. I needed it. Could probabley stand to lose another 20. Ice fishing season is here and I walk everywhere to. Should be ready for the beach come summer
Old 12-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yesterday felt like a vacation so to speak [8D]. After about 3 weeks of cold northeast weather we had a 42 degree day in the afternoon. I dipped into my early season gear and didn't have to lug around the layers, bibs, and parka all over the woods. Light pants, some underarmour and medium jacket yesterday afternoon. To top it off I left my climber home and jumped in a ladderstand. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh felt too easy. Almost like I was missing something. For some strange reason I feel refreshed. Didn't see a single deer lol but it felt good on the body for a change. Back to reality today. It's cold and snowy and I'm going DEEP with my climber.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Dominant Buck

You know, it's not how much you hunt, it's how you hunt. Sometimes the better part of valor is to give your body, the woods, the stands ... everything a rest. I'd say hunt smarter, not more.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'd say hunt smarter, not more.
Well I attempt to do both, we both know I'm not very smart though [8D]
Old 12-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

My lower back is very sore at this time of the year most years....and I usually lose about 10 pounds. I plan on losing more in December as I am going to be stalk hunting during bad weather a lot more. Usually I just get pretty worn out come late December from hunting for 3 months.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

At one point I was down 15# but then the wife fattened me up at Thanksgiving so I am 10# down. Injuries have been plentiful, back in October I ripped a good gash in my knee on a tree peg and also strained the tendons or ligaments in the elbo I broke back in 2006. I bruised my good elbow pretty bad a week ago and have had plenty of cuts and bruises. I plan on getting my butt back into the gym and doing some serious shed hunting and losing another 20-30# in the process do I can eliminate some injuries next year.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually gain weight. I've gained about 5lbs this season. I hike all over creation with a climber on my back most of the time, but since most of my hunting spots are an overnight stay and roadtrip away, I eat like crap while on the road. Outside of hunting season, I might eat fast food 1-2 times a year and try to eat healthy........but during hunting seasonI eat fast food and garbage like that almostevery week. I also bring lots of snacks and goodies to the tree with me to keep me from having an excuse to get down.......that's the only way I'm able to sit all day long.

I'll be back at losing weight here in a few weeks. I lost 15lbs in the last year (gained 5 back during season). I'd like to lose that 5, and another 15 on top of that in the next year.

Quick Reply: Do you lose weight/get beat up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.