Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Missed again!grr >

Missed again!grr

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Missed again!grr

Old 11-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Missed again!grr

Well I finally got another shot at a smaller 6 point tonight at about 25 yards. I took my time and everything but I think I didn't get the yardage right and I also nicked a tree branch [:@]. So far thats two misses this year and I am kicking myself in the arse right now. I am pretty sure I am just out of practice so tomorrow I am going to the range to shoot. I don't know what I keep doing wrong, maybe it is just because it's my first year hunting and first time with a bow but I don't know. Let's hope I can get another shot with my bow and NOT mess up this time. 0-2 for shots sucks!!
Old 11-24-2008, 08:01 AM

Default RE: Missed again!grr

I'm thinking "nicked a tree branch " was pretty much the problem. Doesn't take much to push an arrow off its path.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Missed again!grr

Joe---make sure you are practicing 3-4 times a week during the season. Just go out there and launch 12-15 arrows and your skills will maintain.

"I don't know what I keep doing wrong, maybe it is just because it's my first year hunting and first time with a bow but I don't know."

I would say that has a lot to do with it Joe. DO NOT worry about it brother. I missed my first shot a deer with a .3030 at 30 yards in the middle of a snow storm. I was so depressed. It took me 3-4 seasons before I killed my first deer. PRACTICE a ton with that bow. I can not even imagine starting out hunting with a bow. I probably would have missed my first 17 shots! My hats off to you for starting to hunt with a bow...good work.