Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many? >

Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many?

Old 11-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many?

Most of us don't Dear hunt... At least not with a bow. Deer is a different story....
Old 11-23-2008, 12:25 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-23-2008, 12:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt
But I got my buck for 2008.
Still waitin' on those pics.

And I got my bear tag for 2008 and I will get one of those.
Don't you also have a moose tag?

I've missed, it happens...well to most of us, anyway.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

I havent missed a deer in 11 years of hunting. But im also not die hard, andHAVE to kill a deer or I wont be able to eat. Plus I practice shooting from 10-40 yards, never take a shot over 30 yards. And if the shot is tough I wont take it. Im a more ethical hunter. And I dont shoot deer too young or to old. So if you ask NO IVE NEVER MISSED. But I guess some guys just take whatever shot they can. Whether it be a poor shot or an unlucky shot. "I never trust luck to be on my side." Id rather know the shot I make is gonna kill the deer. Plus I use a very quiet bow, BOWTECH/DIAMOND/DARTON. And I do everything I can to keep the bow quiet. Always check my equipment and keep it tuned and ready to go. And people give me stress about being the way I am. But I am a perfectionist. And every buck I have ever taken is a shooter. I dont use "scent-lok or scent blocker" and 2008 was the first year I shot from a stand I normally stalk my deer and get 15-30 yards away and call them in. You call it what you want. But I got my buck for 2008. And I got my bear tag for 2008 and I will get one of those.
So let me get this straight. You stalk your deer to 15-30 yrds on average and call them in the rest of the way and you have to harvest in order to survive. Are you a freaking ninja or something? If you are telling the truth, you my friend are the worlds greatest assassin. If I had to hunt like this I would starve to death.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nissan, I want to be just like you when I grow up.
I had to use my 2nd buck tag this year on a sub par buck because it had an arrow (crossbow bolt atthat)sticking in it's back. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3165618&mpage=1&key=&#316561 8
Would you have done the same Nissan?
Getting back to this thread, I sure hope that arrow falls out and your friend takes something positive away from this. Not a good story and certainly not something to laugh at. I'm not criticizing you, just think you used a bad choice of words.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:35 AM
Dominant Buck

I havent missed a deer in 11 years of hunting. But im also not die hard, andHAVE to kill a deer or I wont be able to eat. Plus I practice shooting from 10-40 yards, never take a shot over 30 yards.
Nissan....

I was gonna call 100%, total BULL ****. But then I thought I'd better ask you a prudent question.

Have you ever HIT one?
Old 11-23-2008, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

Well we finally have a member that takes the time to practice from 10-40 yards...so that's the key. And here I am wasting all this time practing at 50+.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:54 AM

Hey Planter. I'll try to help instead of getting involved in the other BS in this thread.

IMO, and this is very obvious BTW, your buddy is suffering from some serious buck fever. With that said, I really feel you should talk to him about simplifying his setup. The guy is obviously melting down at the moment of truth, so back to basics we go.

First of all, I'd get rid of that three pin setup. Unless he is shooting a bow from the 80's there really is no reason to have a 10, 20 and 30 yard pin. Just confuses things. Think about it. Even back then I never had a ten yard pin. I'd suggest him going to aone pin setup good for 20 yards. Any deer beyond that is out of range until he can get some confidence in himself.

Another thing that I do which helps me greatly, is to visualize a buck showing up at my stand prior to it ever happening. When I'm in the stand, all I've got is time to kill, so why not use it productively. I tell myself to NOT be surprised when he shows up. I expect the buck to show up and I drive that into my head. I'll go through multiple sequences where I imagine a huge buck walking in from different directions. I go through the whole shot process including release and follow through. It works for me. When the deer shows up, I'm not surprised and therefore not overly worked up because I've already played it out in my head 20 times. Really helps me to keep my cool when it counts.

Hope this helps because buck fever sucks.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Also sounds like he may have a littel target panic. I think others suggested on here that he draw and hold his bow on target, and let some one else squeeze the trigger on the release so he doesn't know when it will go off.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't mean laughing in the sense I thought it was funny in aHa Ha sense. Nothing laughable at all about a deer wandering around the burbs with an arrow hanging out of his neck.

I already told him Jimi that one pin would be a better option and maybe he should flag some distances instead of having the extra step of ranging the deer.

Nissan.. You have recently replaced Howard Hill as my all time hunting idol. Never misses and stalks all his deer. Glad to know your a perfectionist and ethical hunter who won't shoot deer that are too young or to old. You should post a pic of your trophy room filled with shooter bucks. Must be like a museum..

Droptine.. I think I recollect your wounding and not recovering a deer this year off your top secret security patrolled hunting spot AND if you see him again your NOT gonna kill him.

I was really just pointing out how all the practice and planning in the world can't make up for a BAD case of buck fever..

Nissan your a bigger target than most of the deer out there..

rybo.. A little target panic?? More like he lost his mind completely...

Quick Reply: Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.