HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 01:26 AM
2 Lunger
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many?

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

I havent missed a deer in 11 years of hunting. But im also not die hard, andHAVE to kill a deer or I wont be able to eat. Plus I practice shooting from 10-40 yards, never take a shot over 30 yards. And if the shot is tough I wont take it. Im a more ethical hunter. And I dont shoot deer too young or to old. So if you ask NO IVE NEVER MISSED. But I guess some guys just take whatever shot they can. Whether it be a poor shot or an unlucky shot. "I never trust luck to be on my side." Id rather know the shot I make is gonna kill the deer. Plus I use a very quiet bow, BOWTECH/DIAMOND/DARTON. And I do everything I can to keep the bow quiet. Always check my equipment and keep it tuned and ready to go. And people give me stress about being the way I am. But I am a perfectionist. And every buck I have ever taken is a shooter. I dont use "scent-lok or scent blocker" and 2008 was the first year I shot from a stand I normally stalk my deer and get 15-30 yards away and call them in. You call it what you want. But I got my buck for 2008. And I got my bear tag for 2008 and I will get one of those.
So let me get this straight. You stalk your deer to 15-30 yrds on average and call them in the rest of the way and you have to harvest in order to survive. Are you a freaking ninja or something? If you are telling the truth, you my friend are the worlds greatest assassin. If I had to hunt like this I would starve to death.