Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many? >

Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many?

Old 11-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many?

A Pal-O-Mine who is really not as bad of a hunter as it sounds shot FOUR arrows at the same buck today. All within 20 yards. First shot he used his 30 yard pin.. Second arrow sticks the buck in the neck after deflecting and was barelysticking in the meat of the bucks neck.
The buck acted as he had not even been hit and shots three and four were fired using the 10 yard pin at twenty.

We tracked this wounded buck after five or so hours and followed a VERY weak blood trail for a mile. That buck stopped at scrapes along the trails and that is where we found the most blood. (a couple well splattered oak leaves). Never found the arrow so it's still hanging out.

I'm still laughing about the total meltdown. I know he practices but it's bizzare.

I will amit to shooting three arrow at a small buck 20 years ago and never touched him and I mean close shots. I would have shot more if I had them total undeniable and complete buck fever..
Old 11-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many?

Than this guy should not be bowhunting. Before he injuries a deer and severely injured it.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will relay it tohim Nissan that the guy who doesn't think you should shoot old deer does not approve. He was basically crying trying to figure out what the heck went wrong with his well laid out plan. I'm just gonna call it major buck fever.

Ever Miss Nissan??
Old 11-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

I havent missed a deer in 11 years of hunting. But im also not die hard,I dont HAVE to kill a deer or I wont be able to eat. Plus I practice shooting from 10-40 yards, never take a shot over 30 yards.And if the shot is tough I wont take it. Im a more ethical hunter. And I dont shoot deer too young or to old. So if you ask NO IVE NEVER MISSED. But I guess some guys just take whatever shot they can. Whether it be a poor shot or an unlucky shot. "I never trust luck to be on my side." Id rather know the shot I make is gonna kill the deer. Plus I use a very quiet bow, BOWTECH/DIAMOND/DARTON. And I do everything I can to keep the bow quiet. Always check my equipment and keep it tuned and ready to go. And people give me stress about being the way I am. But I am a perfectionist. And every buck I have ever taken is a shooter. I dont use "scent-lok or scent blocker" and 2008 was the first year I shot from a stand I normally stalk my deer and get 15-30 yards away and call them in. You call it what you want. But I got my buck for 2008. And I got my bear tag for 2008 and I will get one of those.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

I havent missed a deer in 11 years of hunting. But im also not die hard, andHAVE to kill a deer or I wont be able to eat. Plus I practice shooting from 10-40 yards, never take a shot over 30 yards. And if the shot is tough I wont take it. Im a more ethical hunter. And I dont shoot deer too young or to old. So if you ask NO IVE NEVER MISSED. But I guess some guys just take whatever shot they can. Whether it be a poor shot or an unlucky shot. "I never trust luck to be on my side." Id rather know the shot I make is gonna kill the deer. Plus I use a very quiet bow, BOWTECH/DIAMOND/DARTON. And I do everything I can to keep the bow quiet. Always check my equipment and keep it tuned and ready to go. And people give me stress about being the way I am. But I am a perfectionist. And every buck I have ever taken is a shooter. I dont use "scent-lok or scent blocker" and 2008 was the first year I shot from a stand I normally stalk my deer and get 15-30 yards away and call them in. You call it what you want. But I got my buck for 2008. And I got my bear tag for 2008 and I will get one of those.
Thanks man.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

[blockquote]quote:

I havent missed a deer in 11 years of hunting. But im also not die hard, andHAVE to kill a deer or I wont be able to eat. Plus I practice shooting from 10-40 yards, never take a shot over 30 yards. And if the shot is tough I wont take it. Im a more ethical hunter. And I dont shoot deer too young or to old. So if you ask NO IVE NEVER MISSED. But I guess some guys just take whatever shot they can. Whether it be a poor shot or an unlucky shot. "I never trust luck to be on my side." Id rather know the shot I make is gonna kill the deer. Plus I use a very quiet bow, BOWTECH/DIAMOND/DARTON. And I do everything I can to keep the bow quiet. Always check my equipment and keep it tuned and ready to go. And people give me stress about being the way I am. But I am a perfectionist. And every buck I have ever taken is a shooter. I dont use "scent-lok or scent blocker" and 2008 was the first year I shot from a stand I normally stalk my deer and get 15-30 yards away and call them in. You call it what you want. But I got my buck for 2008. And I got my bear tag for 2008 and I will get one of those.
[/blockquote]

Thanks man.
Huh Im totally confused. Thanks for what
Old 11-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

once shot 3 arrows ata deer. dumb mistake i made with some super cheap broadheads. first broke it down. 2nd was 2 close and missed. 3d i adjusted for the distance and finished him off
Old 11-22-2008, 09:33 PM

[blockquote]quote:

[/blockquote]

Thanks man.
For making me laugh out loud....I needed a good laugh today....
Old 11-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Fork Horn

Im glad I could amuse you...But everything I said in that statement was absolutely true. I HAVE NEVER MISSED A DEER SINCE IVE BEEN HUNTING. RIFLE OR BOW. Im a perfectionist My releases are tested 2 times a year and I always make sure it works before I go out. You can laugh all you want but I dont believe in doing anything 1/2 way. This guy sling 3 arrows and still not downing this deer....Ok shoot once and shoot right. Again you dont have to believe me.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

[blockquote]quote:

[/blockquote]

Thanks man.
x2. Forget the comedy channel, the shows right here...

Quick Reply: Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.