HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   The most accomplished hunter never known... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/274100-most-accomplished-hunter-never-known.html)

Vabowman 11-17-2008 04:56 PM

The most accomplished hunter never known...

After seeing the post, Im going to state it and I dare someone to argue it......GregH is hands down the best mature buck, big buck, trophy buck, etc.. hunter the world has never met. This guy needs to be doing this for a living....however, I think he likes it the way it is, and so do we...and i speak for all of us GregH....OUR hats are off to you!! Congrats on yet another fine animal and WE all could take a lesson or 2 or 3 from you sir! Thanks for the inspiration!

Siman08/OH 11-17-2008 04:58 PM

RE: The most accomplished hunter never known...

Ill second that, he may argue its was all "luck", but we know hes the greatest!

Kudos to you Greg!

Bowtech 360 11-17-2008 04:58 PM

Now i aggre with this totally, he has put down big bucks season after season, but who is to say any other person in his stand couldnt do the same, how much of hunting is right place right time?

Vabowman 11-17-2008 05:07 PM

Bowtech, you don't get that lucky that many times over the years, and yes his location is great, it DOES NOT diminish his ability and his patience in the stand....read his posts and see how many 130-135' he actually passes on, I doubt there is anyone on this forum who has passed as many bucks of that caliber as Greg....and the thing is, I have never spoken to him in person, and probably never will get the opprotunity to do so, but i know a great hunter when i see one.

TEmbry 11-17-2008 05:09 PM

Yeah, He's cool, I guess....[8D]

He sure does slay bruiser after bruiser year after year...Im honestly surprised there hasn't been mention of him in a magazine...This forum certainly isn't private, and I have seen hunters with FAR less trophies, showcased in mags. You know, the barn wall full of mounts type pic highlighting the guys hunting career articles. Im betting he would probably turn down THAT much attention though. Sure would make ya wonder who is following you out to your spots and such.

early in 11-17-2008 05:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

After seeing the post, Im going to state it and I dare someone to argue it......GregH is hands down the best mature buck, big buck, trophy buck, etc.. hunter the world has never met. This guy needs to be doing this for a living....however, I think he likes it the way it is, and so do we...and i speak for all of us GregH....OUR hats are off to you!! Congrats on yet another fine animal and WE all could take a lesson or 2 or 3 from you sir! Thanks for the inspiration!
Damn, talk about a sack rider!:D:D:D:DI keed.He is THE man. Like I said before, he's the kind of guy who see's a doe being pursuedby a GIANT buck, and shoots the doe just to let the buck know who's after him.;)

davidmil 11-17-2008 05:16 PM

Greg does do GREAT. He shoots a deer every year bigger than anything ever killed in NY...BUT,... I bet the best guy out there we'll never hear from. At least I like to think that. Some old wild man living in a shack doing what he loves or has to do.

Vabowman 11-17-2008 05:20 PM

Yes, I am riding Greg's sack ok.[>:]

SwampCollie 11-17-2008 05:24 PM

Whatever, you are like one of the most proud/pride driven people I've ever met... you ever met another tournament bass fisherman who wasn't???? :D

How'd y'all do at Brandon today?

early in 11-17-2008 05:28 PM

Maybe you didn't catch the "I keed"? Chill.;)

Vabowman 11-17-2008 05:29 PM

9 bucks total today...two of the biggest came by me at 80 yds...the biggest was a 10 pt 19' wide, he was a brute he came by about an hr after I text you ...

Vabowman 11-17-2008 05:32 PM

I know EI, I put the wrong little face after the sentence I meant this[&o],,, it's all good!

TEmbry 11-17-2008 05:59 PM

9 bucks total today...two of the biggest came by me at 80 yds...the biggest was a 10 pt 19' wide, he was a brute he came by about an hr after I text you ...
HOLY SPREAD! How'd he weave in and out of the trees?[8D]

On a serious note, sounds like a bruiser, hope you get on him before its too late.

Vabowman 11-17-2008 06:02 PM

he's already dead ...[&o]

SparrowHawk 11-17-2008 06:10 PM

Ahmen!!! GregH really does know how to put the smack on the big boys.

GMMAT 11-17-2008 06:11 PM

Nothing diminishing about this statement......but I'd like to have access to an area that allowed me to pass on 135" deer. I've never seen one.

I'll hand it to him....he puts a bruiser down every year....and that's commendable. I've logged 66 sits and 250+ hours on stand this season alone....and I've seen one mature buck (that might go 110"). Past him....the largest buck I've seen is 80" (ONE).

I wouldn't trade my woods, though. I get to hunt them in every facet of their existence. I get to go to them.

My hat's off to his success....which is undeniable. Kudos.

Vabowman 11-17-2008 06:29 PM

Yep, it's a fact that you have to hunt where they live, and many of us do not have quite that many big bucks or even one of that caliber, I certainly live in an area that has them, saw one today when I was out with the orange army at 80 yds he will score 150" easily, he was dead not 30 seconds after I saw him, guy on the next stand got him....my point is, I live where they live and have connected a few times over the years on some good ones, but not every year, it takes patience and knowledge of mature bucks to do it....

mofireman 11-17-2008 06:50 PM

Greg who?

GregH 11-17-2008 07:26 PM

Guys,
Let's not get carried away! There are plenty of people out there who are better than me. While I appreciate all the kind words, it makes me feel uncomfortable. Personally, only a handful of people in the area where I live even know about the deer I shoot. They are family, close friends and a few fellow hunters at work. A couple of years ago I found this site while googling "whitetail deer". I read through a few pages in the bowhunting forum and decided to join. Since doing so it has become an enjoyable experience and I've met many fine people, some of them in person. Of all my personal friends there are no more than 3 who can talk about hunting as much as I can! [&:]

That's where you guys come in! This forum is a place where I can come on a daily basis and talk hunting where no one gets sick of hearing it! [:-]

I enjoy sharing my experiences as well as sharing yours.

Over the years when I was growing up, big buck hunting was largely a secret. No one shared tips or experiences. Well, I started doing it on my own and met acouple of experienced big buck hunters who started sharing their knowledge once they saw I was serious and put a few down. Since then we've become friends. The difference between them and me is that I don't keep secrets. I enjoy sharing ideas and tips with everyone, again, that's where you come in. I learn from you as well. I enjoy helping and sharing in others joy and excitement of taking a great buck. Size doesn't matter as long as it's great to them. This hunting community has been a source of enjoyment for me.

Thanks
GregH

buckmaster 11-17-2008 07:33 PM

He sure does know how to do some nanny whacking...[8D]:D

The Dude constantly is laying the smackdown on some serious bone.

Greg, have you ever added up all the inches? Im curious.

Kelly/KY 11-17-2008 07:36 PM

Still a brute of a whitetail. You modest sob. Congrats again.

130woodman 11-17-2008 07:39 PM

That is one of the best things I ever read on here. Congrat's on the buck again and thanks for sharing.

ORIGINAL: GregH

Guys,
Let's not get carried away! There are plenty of people out there who are better than me. While I appreciate all the kind words, it makes me feel uncomfortable. Personally, only a handful of people in the area where I live even know about the deer I shoot. They are family, close friends and a few fellow hunters at work. A couple of years ago I found this site while googling "whitetail deer". I read through a few pages in the bowhunting forum and decided to join. Since doing so it has become an enjoyable experience and I've met many fine people, some of them in person. Of all my personal friends there are no more than 3 who can talk about hunting as much as I can! [&:]

That's where you guys come in! This forum is a place where I can come on a daily basis and talk hunting where no one gets sick of hearing it! [:-]

I enjoy sharing my experiences as well as sharing yours.

Over the years when I was growing up, big buck hunting was largely a secret. No one shared tips or experiences. Well, I started doing it on my own and met acouple of experienced big buck hunters who started sharing their knowledge once they saw I was serious and put a few down. Since then we've become friends. The difference between them and me is that I don't keep secrets. I enjoy sharing ideas and tips with everyone, again, that's where you come in. I learn from you as well. I enjoy helping and sharing in others joy and excitement of taking a great buck. Size doesn't matter as long as it's great to them. This hunting community has been a source of enjoyment for me.

Thanks
GregH

WV Hunter 11-17-2008 08:07 PM

I will agree, Greg is the man. I enjoy learning from everyone here, and especially him.

Scott/IL 11-17-2008 08:11 PM

When I grow up I want to be like GregH.....no seriously someone give this a guy a T.V. show. From what I have seen him post on the forum and the deer he has harvested in the few years I've been a member, the guy is a professional big buck hunterplain and simple.

Congrats Greg on yet another fine animal.

jmbuckhunter 11-17-2008 08:16 PM

He does get the job done.

Walleyefever 11-17-2008 08:20 PM

A Big Congrats Greg !!! And a big thank you for sharing your story's and hunting knowledge, I reallyenjoy reading your post and seeing you bucks you harvest.

Schultzy 11-17-2008 08:25 PM

No doubt Greg Is the ****!!:D I will some day make that trip to Wisconsin and talk this guys ear off some weekend.

blakefrautschi 11-17-2008 08:39 PM

Thats a hellofa buck!

so greg wanna send some bucks over my way?!:) congrats again on the buck!

2 Lunger 11-17-2008 09:08 PM

He is one heck of a bowhunter. What I like about Greg is he doesn't need all of that fancy stuff to get it done. Still uses his old camo, plain old Northern rubber boots, old High Country Bow and aluminum arrows. He simply knows how to hunt mature whitetails.

I once read in one of Greg Millers books, can't recall which one, but he said when he shows up to camp he can tell in 10 min. which guy in the camp will probably kill the biggest deer. He said it is usually the guy who sits off by himself and shows up with the oldest gear in the camp, doesn't do much talking and never brags.

I tip my hat to you, Greg!

NY Bowhunter 11-18-2008 11:21 AM

I marvel at his accomplishments. Even more his knowledge of the deer hunting. I learn something from each and every post of his. Big bucks roaming his land or not, he gets it done year after year. I disagree with the theory that if you put anyone else on his land they will enjoy the same success. You still have to put all the pieces of the puzzle together. A lot more needs to be done to harvest an animal like he kills than just be put on his land IMO. A good start? Yes. Guaranteed you'll get it done? I don't believe so. Good job Greg on another bruiser.

txjourneyman 11-18-2008 12:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

Now i aggre with this totally, he has put down big bucks season after season, but who is to say any other person in his stand couldnt do the same, how much of hunting is right place right time?
But its HIS stand. HE found the place to hang it. you don't get right place right time as often as he has by luck. I'm no sack rider but I'll give credit where its due. When GregH posts something I read it.

PA Hardwoods 11-18-2008 12:16 PM

Ha ha VAbowman has a man crush on GregH. LOL!!! Va you have something on your nose. LOL

Germ 11-18-2008 12:22 PM

I like Greg, he knows way more than me. I have great respect for him as a hunter.

My vote goes to John Benedict .

Edcyclopedia 11-18-2008 12:31 PM

I'll concur!
He's been informative in his posts and replies, and even a few questions he graciously answered for me personally.
Thanks Greg...
I have tried to raise the bar a bit myself from a few good guys on this site.
RESPECT!

gri22ly 11-18-2008 12:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Kelly/KY

I want to see Kellys wall, Greg has 9 P&Y in 41 years.

If you stay oncourse,how many do you think you might have on your wall Kelley!!!!!!!!!!!!

GregH 11-18-2008 12:59 PM

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

If you stay oncourse,how many do you think you might have on your wall Kelley!!!!!!!!!!!!
I started trying for P&Y's 18 years ago. 41 years ago, I didn't even know what P&Y was!

Deleted User 11-18-2008 01:05 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

gri22ly 11-18-2008 01:14 PM

ORIGINAL: GregH

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

I started trying for P&Y's 18 years ago. 41 years ago, I didn't even know what P&Y was!
OH....Im sorry Greg.............[&o][&o]Wow, I did not know that.....[&o][&o]Sorry again........[&o][&o]

I may couse some waves but how couldanyone not hit9 P&Y, going to and for work with therecar in41 years, in your area?:eek:[:o]

HoytSpeed 11-18-2008 01:14 PM

i hand it to those who hunt the big bucks in their area. I'm just as happy here in VA hunting our 80" bucks. Maybe one day i'll get to go out west for some bigger bucks, but until then...

Antler Eater 11-18-2008 01:36 PM

Greg has 9 P&Y in 41 years.
So if there was a hunter on this site with more P&Y's than the number above, would he be considered "The most accomplished hunter never known..."????;):D