Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Il Deer Hunters Please Read!!!! >

Il Deer Hunters Please Read!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Il Deer Hunters Please Read!!!!

Old 11-17-2008, 12:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default Il Deer Hunters Please Read!!!!

Myself and a friend just left a archery and gun combo hunt early due to an unbelievably terrible outfitter...

HUNTERS BEWARE~!!!!!Pike County Bucks out of Pike county is a drunk, liar, and thief and outlaw..
I have never hunted with any one like him and his name is Dan Schipou... I have witnessed him hiding untagged deer that some of his outlaw clients and guides had killed.. He offered me extra tags to kill more than my limit in deer, and suggested trespassing on another outfitters ground to kill a certain buck.. BY FAR THE WORST OUT FITTER I ever hunted with.. We left after 2 days hunting with no deer, and asked for a refund after we stated our problems and said "Get the F*CK off my land.. while he was already drunk.. He says he guides only 8 hunters per week, well he had almost 20 hunters the week we were there and no guides there to guide us..

His website is full of Lies and false pics.. The few guides he has actually hunt while you are hunting too.. During his 3 day gun season he is hunting 35 hunters on less than 1000 acres.. He also is guiding hunters on Public land... He sells his hunts on Ebay...

DOES ANYONE KNOW THIS GUY???????
Old 11-17-2008, 06:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Il Deer Hunters Please Read!!!!

Report him to the IDNR, it is illegal to run hunters on public ground, I have heard alot of bad things about this outfit..REPORT IT, just getting mad does nothing to stop these guys!!!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

A few years ago, I had a bad experience with a so-called Illinois Outfitter up in Fulton County. He was doing a lot of the same things you mentioned. He was not tellingthe clients he was putting them on someone else land without a lease or permission. And he too was selling hunts on Ebay with pictures that were of his friends and did not even hunt with him. BEWAREof EBAY Hunts. But they also sell hunts in other places besides EBAY. Well, he got into trouble and lost his Outfitter License after Illinois DNR was advised. Report his bad behavior and let the DNR investigate him.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

Everone needs to help stop these outlaws.... www.pikecountybucks.com Dan Schipou is an absolute crazy ROmanian outlaw and is basicall stealing hunters dreams...
Old 11-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

I never go with Outfittersanymore especially afterhearing about these types of experiences over and over.When you think of it, theyare sort of like used car salemen fromexcept used car salemen have much more integrity. An outfitters favorite line is, "this is an unhunted farm, you're the first one in this year and we've seen a few B&C bucks there this summer" Then you get in on the land and find oddles of fresh cut shooting lanes, atv tracks, gut piles, etc. etc.

The latest I heard is many of the outfitters in the areas hit really bad by EHD were collecting all of the dead mature bucks off their land and keeping it quiet so there clients didn't find out about it and then saying with a straight face when no one see's anything that it's a screwed up moon phase this year, come back next year, they'll be moving good then.

There are a few good ones but they are few and far between. Best bet is to get a group of guys together and lease your own land.

Oh, and if you're an outfitter and I offended you by reading this then... Good!
Old 11-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

(217) 782-6431, this is the number for the law enforcement section of the Illinois DNR. You need to call and report this guy.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

Funny thing Dopler, I said to my buddy the same things you said.. I am totally don with outfitters... I will hunt public land first... before I hunt with them again.. I hunted with outfitters for over 10 yrs and can count on 3-4 fingers the amount of satisfied hunts I have been on.. And that is putting game sightings aside.. I know that is not always controllable.. Atleast if I lease a piece of ground I have control of what goes on..

Thanks..

Please tell as many people about this outfitter, I would appreciate it! www.pikecountyoutfitters.com
Dan Schipou total Drunk, Outlaw, and theif among other illegal things as well..
Old 11-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Listen up guys. While I'm sorry for you having a really BAD outfitted hunt with this piece of crap, you must make yourself aware of the fact that you aparentlyDID NOT do your homework. When you are going to spend your hard earned money onan outfitted hunt you must check into what kind of reputation a given outfitter has. As I have said in the past, I believe the very best way to achieve this is by calling as many references as you can. Talkin detailwith other hunters who already used the outfitter in question. Ask about things such as quality of game, abundance (sp), lodging, guides, meals, tags, available hunting land,number of other hunters, transportation to and from the airport ect. Knowing these things BEFORE hand can and will make or break your hunt. It's YOUR responsibility to do this for yourself. Remember, BUYER BEWARE!!
Old 11-19-2008, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah its hard to find good outfitters, but i got to say Pike County has gone down hill because of the Outfitters, i really havent heard of or seen a good outfit in Pike County. I got an email the other day that my review on Hunting Info Systems is being used in lawsuit against IMB Outfitters in Pike County, i went there a few years back to check it out, waste of time/money!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

Actually "early IN" We did, I spent countless time on the phone with references that were given, they all checked out, I called the DNR and there were no complaints, he was in buis. for quite some time, checked hunter info systems for feed back, he had a quality web site.. Everything lined up... How he had no complaints is beyond me, but the game warden I spoke to a couple days ago said he recieved 3 complaints in the past 2 weeks... There is a lot of cracks that things slip through, and go covered up... So yes we did our homework..

Still didn't matter..

Quick Reply: Il Deer Hunters Please Read!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.