Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kansas Hunting?

Old 11-09-2008, 06:43 PM

Default Kansas Hunting?

Hello to everyone in Kansas. I have spent the last three days in the woods and not much of anything. The first two days the winds almost blew me out of the tree, 20mph winds. Today was cool and low winds and only saw a button. I am set up in a small draw that is ate up with trails and two good rubs. There is a soybean field to the east of me and there are many scrapes on the edges of the field. My question is, IS the rut on yet? Ihave not seen anychasing or anything. I am in central Kansas hunting on Public Hunting land on Milford Lake. Any help would be great.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Spike

Default RE: Kansas Hunting?

Im from norteast Kansas and would say that the rut isn't quite here as of yet. It is pretty close though I would bet. I havent been seeing much on the private land I always hunt, but this morning I woke up way late so I decided to go hunt some public land and still hunt around Hillsdale Lake. Boy Im sure glad I did, on the drive out I seen about a 180" monster feeding in a bean field off the interstate then an 8 point in a bean field right across some from some public land. While hunting I had shots at a 6pt buck and 3 different does as well as I saw an 8pt and about 6-8 more does. Dont give up, they have been on the move. Next weekend should produce some good results. You are probably in a good location if it isn;t pressured to much, they have been hitting the beans hard just stay persistant. Good luck Eric
Old 11-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have seen some chaseing for the last couple of days. I had a really nice 8 point dogging a doe this afternoon. The next two weeks should really be exciting. Chris
Old 11-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are dogging the does where I am at here in North Central KS......They should be going good by next weekend when I head home from college to hunt!!!!!! Good Luck!!!!!