Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 redemption!!!!!!!!!! >

redemption!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

redemption!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Spike

Default redemption!!!!!!!!!!

What a unbelievable streak of luck over the past 18 hours. I finally tagged a nice Pa 7pt, my first buck in 2 years. I'll try to keep this short, but the story started this past election day. I went out after dropping the kids off at the in-laws. Did not get out until 8:30, I know, but I just had to get out. Anyway I barely had my stuff up in the tree, when from behind me here comes a large 8pt (at least). 5 on one side and 3 the other with a strange configuration to the left. He walks away as I was unable to pull it together in time. When he is about 75 yds away, I hit the can, then grunted. He turned and comes back, this time on a line closer to the tree. He gets to about 10 yds, behind a tree, I draw. He steps out, perfect 7 yd shot. I release, he jumps about 10 feet and moseys off. I realized I did not hit him. It turns out I shot over his back!!!!!!. The arrow was stuck in a branch!!!!! I was not a happy camper. I go home and come to realize that my sight is loose. A test shot revealed it to be shooting over a foot high. After adjustments, I am ready for this morning. I get out early. This is a spot I hadn't hunted in a year, but I know it well, but not well enough as I cannot find my way to the tree I wanted. I ended up about 50 yds from where i missed the 8 the other day. Not too bad. I hit the can a couple of times and grunted to go along with it. Nothing for the first 45 minutes. Anyway from my right I see a body, then I see the rack--nice, definately a legal buck (3 pt side). He gets to a clearing, and I draw. I, look, nice bases, not as big as the one I missed, but definately a shooter. I did think of letting him pass. He puts his head down and quarters slightly away, I let loose. He takes off like he has been hit good. I wait a time and get down to find the arrow. Nothing!. Looked some more, bright red blood. After settling down a bit, I follow a very sparse blood trail, over a wooden guard rail, across the road and about 25 yards on the other side of the road, there he is.
Not a bad buck at all!. Certainly my biggest. I took it for processing and to get a European mount. Here are the links to the only pics I have.

By the way, last night bowling, I shot 243, 299 and 244 for a 786 series!!! What a great weekend so far.

Mike
Old 11-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Spike

Default RE: redemption!!!!!!!!!!

I am having trouble with the pics, the file is too large. I will try to put them on photobucket, or if anyone had suggestions, that would be great.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Spike

http://s374.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=DSC00627.jpg
http://s374.photobucket.com/albums/o...DSC00625-1.jpg
http://s374.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=DSC00624.jpg
Old 11-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice one!

Old 11-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Nice buck , Congrats!!
Old 11-08-2008, 01:34 PM

Congratulations on your buck and streak of luck!
Old 11-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats, nice buck!! Great series to boot!
Old 11-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice buck. congrats
Old 11-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice buck, way to go!