Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Well Guys I'm Crushed!! >

Well Guys I'm Crushed!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well Guys I'm Crushed!!

Old 11-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Well Guys I'm Crushed!!

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Christine....I was talking to Rob about this today. We both came up with the same fix for this in about 20 seconds. Just let a friend go get it (I'd have gone if I lived close) and tell the authorities you didn't retrieve it (if questioned). Next question they ask you.....don't answer it.

Burden of proof's on them.

Again....I'm ALL for landowner's rights. We have penalties in place when people break laws. For this level offense......if you're willing to pay the penalty.....have at it.
So then, who tags it? Nobody? That's another violation right there.

A CPO in Il cancome onto your property, look in your garage, look in your freezer, etc. without needing your permission. If you're less than truthful with them, they'll hammer you and you're looking at losing your hunting privledges.

As much as I symphathize with the 'just go get it' idea, it may not be the wisest choice.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Publicly stating that you are willing to and even suggesting to others to break laws just because you can "afford" to puts you in the same light as the land owner. Some times our action speak volumes about our selves.

Making two bad decisions will not alleviate another's pointless actions.

How many lives were lost in Wisconsin because to many hot heads meet at one location?
Old 11-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, not to be a weakling but have you ever thought of writing the guy a heartfelt letter explaining your thoughts on hunting and what that deer means to you? Play on the heartstrings, then put on the heavy metal if no response....much to what Jeff said. I would become the aggressor in this matter if he did not relent. I would do everything within the boundaries of the law to make that man's life miserable.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd tell him I was gonna kill everything I saw....and gut them on the property line....if he didn't produce my buck.

Whether you follow through with that or not....is your issue. I'd become the aggressor in this scenario, though. it can't hurt you, now. Your deer's gone.

How long did you let that deer lay there before you got down? Why did you stay in your tree? How fast COULD you have retrieved it?
Ok I shot him and was shaking so bad I needed to sit down! I then called Rob and explained to him what happened he then opened the garage. I would of been on his property when he rolled out no doubt. But god was I shaking I thought i was gonna fall out of my tree! Jeff he will be sorry thats for sure! Bud your more than welcome to come up and hunt late season with Rob and i. I will put you in the same stand!Your more than welcome to shoot one! The farmer wants them shot! he will get some waste for sure I already got guys saving deer parts for me. Payback is a BITCH. Sorry guys but he will pay!
Old 11-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Publicly stating that you are willing to and even suggesting to others to break laws just because you can "afford" to puts you in the same light as the land owner. Some times our action speak volumes about our selves.
Jim....If I knew the only thing that stood between my family dying or living was stealing food.....I'd steal food.

If I was told I had to commit a crime to protect them....I'd do that to (and announce my intentions to the world if need be).

If that speaks "volumes" about me....so be it.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Hey, not to be a weakling but have you ever thought of writing the guy a heartfelt letter explaining your thoughts on hunting and what that deer means to you? Play on the heartstrings, then put on the heavy metal if no response....much to what Jeff said. I would become the aggressor in this matter if he did not relent. I would do everything within the boundaries of the law to make that man's life miserable.
Our hate relationship goes back like 8 years since I started hunting there! There is no use for a love letter. He don't like hunting period!
Old 11-06-2008, 03:09 PM

Personally, I would have walked up to the deer and drug it off his property.

When he came at me, I would have thrown his head through the window of his BMW.

His word against mine. He saw my deer fall at the edge of his property and when he saw me retrieving it, he came at me swinging.

Kidding.

Sort of.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Its time to find a new place to hunt.
NO WAY !! I will never let him win like that! I will stop hunting there the day the farmers say I am not welcome! And he the farmer hates the guy to!
Nontypical Buck

He's obviously mad about something. It may be that it's because you've got a stand 25 yards from his yard? Hard to say though??

Can this guy be 'bargained' with? Guessing not, since the law has already been involved and not been able to retrieve it for you.

Would he listen to reason if you told him that you would hate for the meat to go to waste and would be willing to either pay him a little something or make a donation to his favorite charity, etc.?

Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

Christine....I was talking to Rob about this today. We both came up with the same fix for this in about 20 seconds. Just let a friend go get it (I'd have gone if I lived close) and tell the authorities you didn't retrieve it (if questioned). Next question they ask you.....don't answer it.

Burden of proof's on them.

Again....I'm ALL for landowner's rights. We have penalties in place when people break laws. For this level offense......if you're willing to pay the penalty.....have at it.
So then, who tags it? Nobody? That's another violation right there.

A CPO in Il cancome onto your property, look in your garage, look in your freezer, etc. without needing your permission. If you're less than truthful with them, they'll hammer you and you're looking at losing your hunting privledges.

As much as I symphathize with the 'just go get it' idea, it may not be the wisest choice.

Couldn'tthe friendtag it and say it was a deer he killed the same day on Twildasin's property? Heck who knows what happened to the deer he shot and went over towards the neighbors house. This is a different deer. Somone must have taken the one of off the neighbors property but it wasn't me.

Legal? No. Right? not sure

Quick Reply: Well Guys I'm Crushed!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.