Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Well Guys I'm Crushed!! >

Well Guys I'm Crushed!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well Guys I'm Crushed!!

Old 11-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Well Guys I'm Crushed!!

So then, who tags it? Nobody? That's another violation right there.
Christine....Let's be real. What's the offense, here? It's not a game offense. the deer was harvested legally. The offense would be for trespassing. No real property was taken (the deer belongs to the state until Tim tags it). So no larceny.

So why would the PGC even get involved in a trespassing offense? Tim would tag it.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

That stand has now become my public stand anyone wanting to hunt with me can come and I will put them in it. The stand is perfectly legit.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Claim insanity in a court of law. "Judge sir, I dressed up a ninja outfit and took that deer right off the property at midnight...I claim insanity on the Tink's 69 I accidentally inhaled."
Old 11-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys I was seriously afraid to take matters into my own hands cause
#1. I anger problems
#2. This guy has been pushing me for years. Just afraid I would blow up.
I really think it would have been more than a simple tresspassing fine! Wish I would have been hunting with someone then I would of had someone to keep me calm. Yes I walked away when he said not to come over on his land...did I want my deer hell yea more than a $2 dollar hooker wants sex but I also thought about my kids and christmas and really not being able to get sued for kicking the **** out of this guy!
Old 11-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Jim....If I knew the only thing that stood between my family dying or living was stealing food.....I'd steal food.

If I was told I had to commit a crime to protect them....I'd do that to (and announce my intentions to the world if need be).

If that speaks "volumes" about me....so be it.
No need for either Jeff, Obama spreading the wealth will give us all that we want or need.

I didn't know you & your family were in need I must of missed that part,my bad.

And of couse if this land owner beat you to death with a Lousiville slugger because he was protecting what was his .............That would be OK with you?
Old 11-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

First of all, that's a BAD deal bud, bad as it gets. Couple of questions ... You said you've had conflict with him for 8 yrs so have you hunted next to his yard for that long? Is this the first time one's landed on his property? Seems the likelihood of awounded deer going his way would be better than average so have you had to retreive deer from his place before? In other words, did you anticipate his reaction and just hope he'd be understanding or did it suprise you he wouldn't let you on his property?

Hindsight's 20/20, but the guys are right, you gotta get that deer before he found out. Lesson learned, you'llknow to be quick next time.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Forget phone calls and calming down. That took up valuable time you needed to get your deer. If I knew the deer fell just over the property line of the adjacent land owner, I would have ran to it and pulled it completely out of there asap. Sorry you lost you trophy.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

And of couse if this land owner beat you to death with a Lousiville slugger because he was protecting what was his .............That would be OK with you?
not sure why, but that made me laugh out loud....i guess the question at the end.

Not sure how Id have handled that, probably would have had a fight with the neighbor.[8D][&:]
Old 11-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: twildasin

Guys I was seriously afraid to take matters into my own hands cause
#1. I anger problems
#2. This guy has been pushing me for years. Just afraid I would blow up.
I really think it would have been more than a simple tresspassing fine! Wish I would have been hunting with someone then I would of had someone to keep me calm. Yes I walked away when he said not to come over on his land...did I want my deer hell yea more than a $2 dollar hooker wants sex but I also thought about my kids and christmas and really not being able to get sued for kicking the **** out of this guy!
You are a wise man, you did the right thing. Be proud of that.
Your kids spending Christmas alone because your in the Butt - Hutt over a dead deer is just assine.

You are the better man in this situation and I would be proud of taking the high road. This aint high school and some here will never grow past the flag pole fist fights over their faviorite cheerleader.[:-]
Old 11-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sooner State Hunter

First of all, that's a BAD deal bud, bad as it gets. Couple of questions ... You said you've had conflict with him for 8 yrs so have you hunted next to his yard for that long? Is this the first time one's landed on his property? Seems the likelihood of awounded deer going his way would be better than average so have you had to retreive deer from his place before? In other words, did you anticipate his reaction and just hope he'd be understanding or did it suprise you he wouldn't let you on his property?

Hindsight's 20/20, but the guys are right, you gotta get that deer before he found out. Lesson learned, you'llknow to be quick next time.
No not the 1st time usually they run down the hill into the woods i just go drag them onto my land after dark! I knew he was gonna flip a lid and not let me over there. I knew he did not leave for work yet either! I can see when he leaves!

Quick Reply: Well Guys I'm Crushed!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.