Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hung a scent dripper tonight >

Hung a scent dripper tonight

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hung a scent dripper tonight

Old 11-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hung a scent dripper tonight

I've seena great buck from the same stand in this old apple orchard the last 2 Mondays. Real early morning on 10/27 he came to a estrous scent and on 11/3 late in the day he was chasing a doe. He was cutting her off in the orchard and flew under my stand.

I don't know how many more chances I'll have before the rut is on so tonight a hung a scent dripper with Active Scrape in it. I created a mock scrape at far edges of my clear shooting range about 12 yards away. I hung it ona good secondary run that leads across the front of my stand and then continues onto the main run thru the orchard. There are also 2 other scrapes in the orchard.

I considered hanging it over one of the other scrapes but the orchard is so difficult to hang a stand in, more so now, since the big snow damaged so many more trees.

I hope I did the right thing! I plan to hunt it again on Saturday.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hung a scent dripper tonight

I use the same dripper, its been cleared of leaves for 2 weeks now and hoof marks in it, just not when im there
Old 11-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

I used one last year on the main run. The buck I arrowed was using the secondary run and didn't cross my stand but instead headed slightly away from me and headed toward the dripper. As he turned to head toward the dripper, I stuck him.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:37 AM

Let us know how that works out for you, I have 2 drippers and always go back and forth on whether or not to put them out.