Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 church and hunting >

church and hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

church and hunting

Old 11-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: church and hunting

I miss church fairly often during hunting season. I'm not proud of that. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. Through unearned grace and undeserved mercy I believe I will see Heaven despite my many imperfections.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:03 AM

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: Finch

I used to go to church every Sunday when I was little. Never missed one for four years straight! (Got an award for it) Also, I used to "preach" on Sunday nights. My grandmother got me started in church and I loved it but I quit going when I started working for my uncle at age twelve.

I'm not going to lie or make excuses. I just don't want to go to church right now. AND, I'm surely not going back to the one I used to attend. The "preacher" is a freaking joke. How can a registered sex offender continue to preach??? LOL, it's a joke and I used to look up to that guy.

I believe and talk to God, just not in church. Here's where I get confused and have questions. Are we supposed to believe everything that is written in the Bible? For example, what if I told you I saw someone turn into a pillar of salt? You'd call me crazy. But, it happened according to the Bible. Someone told me that I was brought up to believe everything that is written in the Bible and that is why I have some of the questions I do.

Just to reiterate, I believe but I also have questions.
Donnie, I hate that you went through what you did with that fake preacher [:@]He IS a joke ..... I would bet he is just the enemy's worker disguised as an angel of light ... the Bible talks about that quite abit ..... there are some things that are by faith alone ... you have never met God ....does that mean He doesn't exist? Like we talked about before .... ask God when you are alone .....ask Him to open your eyes to Him and His Word ..... you will be shocked what happens
Even though I'll probably sound like an idiot, I'm going to post the following here. What do people mean when they say that they "found God?" When you say I'll be shocked to see what happens, will I actually see? Will it be clear? Do you have any examples of what others' experiences have been?

Trust me, I feel terrible about some of the questions I have but I have them. I might as well disclose them here. He knows the the same either way.

BTW...you're gonna be working overtime with this thread.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

I miss church fairly often during hunting season. I'm not proud of that. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. Through unearned grace and undeserved mercy I believe I will see Heaven despite my many imperfections.
AMEN, well said
Old 11-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to go to church every Sunday when I was little. Never missed one for four years straight! (Got an award for it) Also, I used to "preach" on Sunday nights. My grandmother got me started in church and I loved it but I quit going when I started working for my uncle at age twelve.

I'm not going to lie or make excuses. I just don't want to go to church right now. AND, I'm surely not going back to the one I used to attend. The "preacher" is a freaking joke. How can a registered sex offender continue to preach??? LOL, it's a joke and I used to look up to that guy.

I believe and talk to God, just not in church. Here's where I get confused and have questions. Are we supposed to believe everything that is written in the Bible? For example, what if I told you I saw someone turn into a pillar of salt? You'd call me crazy. But, it happened according to the Bible. Someone told me that I was brought up to believe everything that is written in the Bible and that is why I have some of the questions I do.

Donnie, I hate that you went through what you did with that fake preacher [:@]He IS a joke ..... I would bet he is just the enemy's worker disguised as an angel of light ... the Bible talks about that quite abit ..... there are some things that are by faith alone ... you have never met God ....does that mean He doesn't exist? Like we talked about before .... ask God when you are alone .....ask Him to open your eyes to Him and His Word ..... you will be shocked what happens
Even though I'll probably sound like an idiot, I'm going to post the following here. What do people mean when they say that they "found God?" When you say I'll be shocked to see what happens, will I actually see? Will it be clear? Do you have any examples of what others' experiences have been?

Trust me, I feel terrible about some of the questions I have but I have them. I might as well disclose them here. He knows the the same either way.

Dude, dont worry about asking questions... I garantee there are a bunch of lurkers on here That have the same questions as you.And you never know, all of this may bring another soul to the Lord
Old 11-04-2008, 11:09 AM

Dude, dont worry about asking questions... I garantee there are a bunch of lurkers on here That have the same questions as you.And you never know, all of this may bring another soul to the Lord
LOL...I hope I'm not the only one. AND, I mean that in a good way.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

Growing up a Catholic, has actually seperated me from God. I've been going to a Catholic school since Kindergarten, and went to church 2 times a week at school, and every Sunday. I did that from Kindergarten, to 8th grade. As I grew older, and actually started thinking about things, I realized how crooked the Catholic church really is. In my experiences (been to quite a few churches around the area) most of them try to bring you back ONLY for your money. Nothing else. The last couple of years, since I started watching the news just about every night, I've seen just about all of the public scandals in the Catholic church. Just about every night it's something new. Yet I don't think I've EVER seen a scandal on the news from someone besides Catholics. I'm not saying they don't happen, but they seem much more common among Catholics.
I haven't been to church in about 2 years (excluding Christmas and Easter). And I can honestly say that I feel much closer to God now, than I did then. I pray much more, and actually think about it and mean it.

Also, who are we to judge one another?

Just my 2 cents.

Sorry I can't really go into detail in this post right now, I'm in class[:'(]
[&o]no knock on u rory but i gotta say it sur is disheartenign to here fellow catholics fall away from catholisism
Old 11-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

I'm not looking to get into some sort of contest, but Jesus does not talk of the fire and brimstone - devil stabbing you with a pitfork while you sink into fiery quicksand - hell that churches and religious leaders. He mentions it a total of a dozen times throughout the new testament when I counted and many of those times, its a passing veiled reference to not being saved. The most graphic depiction is in Revelations and that's not coming from Jesus. The old testament never mentions hell period. My point in bringing all of this up is that Hell, as most of us know it, devil and the pitchfork, was never propogated as widely or specifically by Jesus as it has been by church leaders. He was more concerned about people following God's teachings and being saved, not sending them to Hell. And this is getting way off topic.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Fork Horn

Jesus Christ is the most important part of my life. I almost never skip church to hunt, fish or do the other things i enjoy...I feel it is the least I can do to show God that he means more to me than even the biggest of bucks!!
Old 11-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I humbled myself and realised that God could speak to me .... that He wanted to.... He loved me enough to send Jesus down to die for me ... it took someone perfect to pay for the imperfect. .....I asked God for HIS truth ...not all the other truths I was hearing ...not mine ...but HIS .....I didn't see a vision or anything wild like that .....God just opened up my spiritual eyes ....after my conversion, I witnessed to my family ....it was a tough road, being an Italian Catholic family ...but through prayer and truth, they got saved ....one by one!!! It was AWESOME!!! You talk about a powerful God!!!! Pride abounds in Italians and Catholics ...but God is greater ..... I no longer desired everything, but God, I wanted to know him ......

Donnie...think about the girl you first fell in love with ..... you wanted to hear her speak ...you had to hear her voice .... whne she wrote you a note, you read it with exitement and wanted more of her writings ....you wanted to do things that pleased her ....to make her happy ..... kinda like what conversion is like ....
Old 11-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mossberghunter93

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

Growing up a Catholic, has actually seperated me from God. I've been going to a Catholic school since Kindergarten, and went to church 2 times a week at school, and every Sunday. I did that from Kindergarten, to 8th grade. As I grew older, and actually started thinking about things, I realized how crooked the Catholic church really is. In my experiences (been to quite a few churches around the area) most of them try to bring you back ONLY for your money. Nothing else. The last couple of years, since I started watching the news just about every night, I've seen just about all of the public scandals in the Catholic church. Just about every night it's something new. Yet I don't think I've EVER seen a scandal on the news from someone besides Catholics. I'm not saying they don't happen, but they seem much more common among Catholics.
I haven't been to church in about 2 years (excluding Christmas and Easter). And I can honestly say that I feel much closer to God now, than I did then. I pray much more, and actually think about it and mean it.

Also, who are we to judge one another?

Just my 2 cents.

Sorry I can't really go into detail in this post right now, I'm in class[:'(]
[&o]no knock on u rory but i gotta say it sur is disheartenign to here fellow catholics fall away from catholisism
I wouldn't really care if it was a knock on me. I tried Catholicism for 9 years, didn't work for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.