HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - church and hunting
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Rory/MO
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: church and hunting

ORIGINAL: mossberghunter93

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

Growing up a Catholic, has actually seperated me from God. I've been going to a Catholic school since Kindergarten, and went to church 2 times a week at school, and every Sunday. I did that from Kindergarten, to 8th grade. As I grew older, and actually started thinking about things, I realized how crooked the Catholic church really is. In my experiences (been to quite a few churches around the area) most of them try to bring you back ONLY for your money. Nothing else. The last couple of years, since I started watching the news just about every night, I've seen just about all of the public scandals in the Catholic church. Just about every night it's something new. Yet I don't think I've EVER seen a scandal on the news from someone besides Catholics. I'm not saying they don't happen, but they seem much more common among Catholics.
I haven't been to church in about 2 years (excluding Christmas and Easter). And I can honestly say that I feel much closer to God now, than I did then. I pray much more, and actually think about it and mean it.

Also, who are we to judge one another?

Just my 2 cents.

Sorry I can't really go into detail in this post right now, I'm in class[:'(]
[&o]no knock on u rory but i gotta say it sur is disheartenign to here fellow catholics fall away from catholisism
I wouldn't really care if it was a knock on me. I tried Catholicism for 9 years, didn't work for me