HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   church and hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/271039-church-hunting.html)

bigtim6656 10-31-2008 04:25 PM

church and hunting

For those of you who go to church every week or often. What do you do during hunting season.
I go from time to time not often though. When i was in N.C i saw and talked with alot of guys who would wear there camo to church then hunt before and after.
What do you do. Does the wife make you go to church.
For me i feel closer to god in the woods then i do in a church singing out of tune.

x-mountie 10-31-2008 04:34 PM

RE: church and hunting

I believe in living my religion from day to day. Unfortunately we don't have Sunday hunting in our area, so that leaves me time to go to Church on Sundays, if I wish to. I can't say i've seen many folks coming to church after hunting or even before they go. But maybe it would help. lol

TexasBowHunter 10-31-2008 04:39 PM

I do the majority of my hunting during the week (while my kids are in school and the wife is at work). Leaves the weekends open for my family and church! My job affords me 4 weeks at a time off so I can do it this way, I would not be able todo this if I were working a 9-5 job.

Pat Curtis 10-31-2008 06:10 PM

I usher in church during the summer, except for days I have bass tourny's. The Deacon's have known for years that October-December I'm not around too often on Sunday mornings.

jcpopejr 10-31-2008 06:29 PM

Since hunting is not allowed on Sundays in NC (except for military land) the guys you talk about hunting before and after church must have been breaking the law. There has been a "drive" to pass legislation to have this changed but from what I hear and read it doesn't look to good. My family and I attend church regularly and if our hunting on Sunday law changes my church attendance will not be affected. I keep Christ first in my life and I'm not afraid to admit it. I'm 38 yrs old with a beautiful wife and two of the best kids on earth (to me at least). I'm trying to raise them up the right way. I would however hunt on Sunday afternoons if our law changes.

Bowtech 360 10-31-2008 06:35 PM

Well, personally I dont beleive in a god or any god so It doesnt affect me except for the fact my parents do and I cant go hunting with nobody home, they go to church.

Rhody Hunter 10-31-2008 06:43 PM

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

For me i feel closer to god in the woods then i do in a church singing out of tune.
That is exactly how i feel .

you could try later masses or see if they have services on saturday evening . or just have a talk with God while on stand
and that will be your church service for the week

NChunterman 10-31-2008 07:34 PM

No hunting in NC on Sunday's, but if they ever changed the laws I'd be in the woods before and after. But, come 11 am my butts where it needs to be; setting in a pew. If it wasn't for his graciousness there'd be no hunting. We look at these animals and feel so bad when/if we lose one, just remember God gave his only son for VERY unworthy souls. I love my hunting, but I love my Lord much more. Thanks Tim for the chance to praise his name.

bigtim6656 10-31-2008 07:45 PM

might have been they just would wear the camo to church. My uncle would wear camo everywhere year round. In fact he was in camo during my grandma's service after she died. I was the only one who was ok with it. Guest i was the only hunter there. He would wear it to court i bet.

ORIGINAL: jcpopejr

Since hunting is not allowed on Sundays in NC (except for military land) the guys you talk about hunting before and after church must have been breaking the law. There has been a "drive" to pass legislation to have this changed but from what I hear and read it doesn't look to good. My family and I attend church regularly and if our hunting on Sunday law changes my church attendance will not be affected. I keep Christ first in my life and I'm not afraid to admit it. I'm 38 yrs old with a beautiful wife and two of the best kids on earth (to me at least). I'm trying to raise them up the right way. I would however hunt on Sunday afternoons if our law changes.

buckmaster 10-31-2008 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: NChunterman

No hunting in NC on Sunday's, but if they ever changed the laws I'd be in the woods before and after. But, come 11 am my butts where it needs to be; setting in a pew. If it wasn't for his graciousness there'd be no hunting. We look at these animals and feel so bad when/if we lose one, just remember God gave his only son for VERY unworthy souls. I love my hunting, but I love my Lord much more. Thanks Tim for the chance to praise his name.
Awesome words there Brandon. I do not attend church due to work, Should not be an excuse but, I have a very close relationship with the Lord, and without him there is nothing, we are nothing.