View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 11:07 AM
buckmaster
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: church and hunting

ORIGINAL: Finch

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: Finch

I used to go to church every Sunday when I was little. Never missed one for four years straight! (Got an award for it) Also, I used to "preach" on Sunday nights. My grandmother got me started in church and I loved it but I quit going when I started working for my uncle at age twelve.

I'm not going to lie or make excuses. I just don't want to go to church right now. AND, I'm surely not going back to the one I used to attend. The "preacher" is a freaking joke. How can a registered sex offender continue to preach??? LOL, it's a joke and I used to look up to that guy.

I believe and talk to God, just not in church. Here's where I get confused and have questions. Are we supposed to believe everything that is written in the Bible? For example, what if I told you I saw someone turn into a pillar of salt? You'd call me crazy. But, it happened according to the Bible. Someone told me that I was brought up to believe everything that is written in the Bible and that is why I have some of the questions I do.

Just to reiterate, I believe but I also have questions.
Donnie, I hate that you went through what you did with that fake preacher [:@]He IS a joke ..... I would bet he is just the enemy's worker disguised as an angel of light ... the Bible talks about that quite abit ..... there are some things that are by faith alone ... you have never met God ....does that mean He doesn't exist? Like we talked about before .... ask God when you are alone .....ask Him to open your eyes to Him and His Word ..... you will be shocked what happens
Even though I'll probably sound like an idiot, I'm going to post the following here. What do people mean when they say that they "found God?" When you say I'll be shocked to see what happens, will I actually see? Will it be clear? Do you have any examples of what others' experiences have been?

Trust me, I feel terrible about some of the questions I have but I have them. I might as well disclose them here. He knows the the same either way.

BTW...you're gonna be working overtime with this thread.
Dude, dont worry about asking questions... I garantee there are a bunch of lurkers on here That have the same questions as you.And you never know, all of this may bring another soul to the Lord