Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 church and hunting >

church and hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

church and hunting

Old 10-31-2008, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: church and hunting

I go to church from time to time. If I was going regularly I would hunt before making it to the 11 o'clock service and thenback in the woods for the evening.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not much of a church guy, I'd rather be outside doing something or another. In saying that though I believe In god whole heartedly! We have our talks from time to time, allot of times It's when I'm In the woods on a deer or bear stand relaxing and loving life. I give thanks, I just do It In a different place then others.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

Well, personally I dont beleive in a god or any god so It doesnt affect me except for the fact my parents do and I cant go hunting with nobody home, they go to church.
How old are you? If you can't go hunting without them home why not tag along and see why they go.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, personally I dont beleive in a god or any god so It doesnt affect me except for the fact my parents do and I cant go hunting with nobody home, they go to church.
Have you read the Bible???
Most non-believers that I know haven't, so they don't have anything to base their beliefs on...
Just saying that you don't believe in God based on a gut feeling is like Custer say that he didn't believe there were many Indians in the area...While we are on it...Did you know that the Native Americans knew of the great flood???

I'm in North Carolina and wouldn't hunt on Sunday anyway...I teach Sunday School to our middle school children...This year, I've taken them through Genesis, pointed out that hunting was a God given right...Last Sunday, I taught about Moses and weare getting into the Plagues this Sunday...

We used to have a nice book with weekly lessons planned out, but I find that the children enjoy it better when I come in and tell them the story, summarize it if you will...

btw...The Dead Sea Scrolls are currently in Raleigh and they verify many of the stories in the Old Testement...
Old 11-01-2008, 06:09 AM
Fork Horn

i go to church religiously fom many reasons but most of all because i am in school to become a pastor and right now i am ministry for classes so i do not have a choice.
i feel it is imperative to go to church but if you are sitting there and dreaming of hunting rather than worshipping then what is the point of being there?
personally i do not see anything wrong with skipping church on sunday morning for a 'season' if you are willing to set aside time and get involved in different ways. ex. small groups, wed or sunday night services. you get the idea.
i know for a fact that when i am pastoring a church and the rut is in full swing my messages are going to be affected by the dance of rutting giants roaming pass my perch in a tree. if you get what i am saying. were good thread and some serious theology here.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:52 AM

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

Have you read the Bible???
Most non-believers that I know haven't, so they don't have anything to base their beliefs on...
Just saying that you don't believe in God based on a gut feeling is like Custer say that he didn't believe there were many Indians in the area...While we are on it...Did you know that the Native Americans knew of the great flood???

I'm in North Carolina and wouldn't hunt on Sunday anyway...I teach Sunday School to our middle school children...This year, I've taken them through Genesis, pointed out that hunting was a God given right...Last Sunday, I taught about Moses and weare getting into the Plagues this Sunday...

We used to have a nice book with weekly lessons planned out, but I find that the children enjoy it better when I come in and tell them the story, summarize it if you will...

btw...The Dead Sea Scrolls are currently in Raleigh and they verify many of the stories in the Old Testement...
Actually, I have read a decent part of the bible. And in the first chapter it says that people are like 700 years old??? And what about when got created man? It says it created man, then women, and then all the creatures of the world. Then tell me how we have proof that Dinosaurs exsisted before humans? I have better things to do then waste my time in a church. Church has to be the biggest scandel ever, all these people pay money to the church. Just my opinion.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow bowtech u dont believe in GOD it really saddens and puzzels me to hear people say that
BTW im catholic so that would be a mortal sin if i didnt go on sunday (or saturday night) so i go every sunday and i just have to sacrifice my hunting for it its a fact of live i have just learned to deal with
Old 11-01-2008, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

We have two services. 8:30 service then sunday school then the 10:30 service. Guess which one I go to?

I hunt from 6:30-9:00 then i go home shower up and off to church I go.
Im in a confirmation group so I go every wednsday and we are required to go to church at least 2 times a month.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

Mossberg,

i do not want to sound like a jerk but just going or not going to church is not going to save you. i encourage you to have a personal relationship with Christ.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cterbow

Mossberg,

i do not want to sound like a jerk but just going or not going to church is not going to save you. i encourage you to have a personal relationship with Christ.
yeah i understand thanks for the reminder though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.