Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 church and hunting >

church and hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

church and hunting

Old 11-04-2008, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: church and hunting

i hunt right b4 church, and then we have a church lesson at my cabin because the gallatin church of christ only has 12 people and they are very old and cant really teach understandibly
Old 11-04-2008, 05:57 AM
Fork Horn

I believe the only way I got myreally nice deer this year was by praying. I got one really nice one last year and everyone told me it was impossible to get another one but I prayed and got a 14 point this year.I've went to church my whole life. I go out hunting early before church then quite get ready for church go and then afterwards go back out hunting.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:44 AM
Typical Buck

If one can get his nourishment and encouragement without regularly attending Church then that is fine, but it's very difficult if not impossible . It's an act of sacrifice that I believe God rewards. It also is a time to focus on him and fellowship with other believers. Are there hypocrites in church? Of course, there always have been and always will be. Don't let their behavior become a stumbling block in your walk with the Lord.

Can you worship the Lord in the woods? Sure, I try to pray where ever I am. I also take time out every day to study the Bible, but I still feel we as believers are called to gather together in Church. It's spiritual training for me and gives me power to withstand temptations.

BT 360,how can you viewthe animals, mountains, trees, sunrise and allthe other great things we as hunters get to experience andNOT believe in aDivine Power?

Old 11-04-2008, 07:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Are you guys kidding me? PT I am surprised (I'll get back to that).

So one guy leads a christian life......and hunts on Sundays. The other guy is not a good person.....but he takes his wie and kids and dresses them up and parades into the sanctuary every week. HE's the blessed one?

OK, PT......the part of the Bible I read and the God I worship told me that If I accepted him as my saviour.....he'd take me in. Did I misinterpret?

I'm no theological historian.......and I'm no saint. I'm a man who believes that I can hold counsel with my Lord under his roof.....AND....it's a pretty big "roof". Would God rather me be in the woods thinking about my life and him......or in Church thinking about hunting?

Now, PT....I want you to go back to my original post (and we're friends here, everyone....I'm not calling him out. He's my brother).....and tell me exactly where your post and mine conflict. I see none.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:20 AM
Typical Buck

Man, this is crazy. So we have religion and politics in the threads at the same time?? Sammy Kershaw has a country song where he mentions that he doesn't talk about "politics, religion, and her!" Obviously if you listen to the song, he says this because all three of those topics rarely lead anywhere positive. More often than not, they lead to heated discussions and arguments and he asks people to avoid those three topics with him.

That's the same way these threads are heading on HNI! I've served this country admirably for almost 19 years so don't preach to me about freedom of speech/print. I understand it and agree with it. Just wanted to point out that although these topics may atart out innocently, they never end up that way. Too many feelings involved!

Personally, I was raised in church by my mother. Now thatwe have three kids ofour own, my wife and I have our kids at church most every Sunday. There are times where I will miss Sunday church due to hunting, sons baseball tournaments, or military duty. But I miss church by choice those times! We all have choices to make that we will have to answer for one day! I can only hope I've led the type of life that my Lord will be pleased with come Judgement Day!!
Old 11-04-2008, 07:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Mofire.....

If a man in prison for double-murder can find God......just before they inject him.....I think you'll be just fine.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

If ever there was a reason to hate organized religion its on the radio right now.[:@]

Tim Mcgraw 1.2.3. Like a bird I sing.........................I'm gonna puke
Old 11-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

I still attend church during hunting season. It is not a seasonal thing for me or a matter of convenience. I go to church because I choose to offer thanks and worship my God in HIS house, not mine. To say that I dont need to go to church to worship is a cop-out. I can pray and be close to God at anytime and often do. In fact I often pray while sitting in my stand, but that is not anything like making the effort to regularly attend a house of worship and focus on HIM. If you are thinking about anything other than God and your spiritual life while you are at worship than you dont have a true relationship with the Lord. And until you do, you wont understand.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Isn't it great that another man can tell you his relationship with the Lord is "better" than yours.....and if you don't do it "his way".....you're not understanding?

My grandpa had a great relationship with God.....and I don't ever recall seeing him in an organized Church (grandma was there, playing the piano and singing). If there isn't room in God's kingdom for him....I don't stand a chance.

Let us not forget that more men have been killed in the name of "Christianity" (remember those things called the Crusades?)than in all the other wars of man, combined. "We" Christians are a terribly judgemental group, huh? Takes "my way or the highway" to anew meaning, doesn't it?"Worship and believe MY way.....or diea terrible death at the hands of God.....or, better yet,ME".

Judge not.....lest you be judged. Think I heard that somewhere.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ok Jeff. ......here goes ...

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

My "problem" with Christians today....is the belief by some of themthat the only place to worship is in Church.
I don't know ANYONE that believes that

What is "Church"?
Church, by definition, is a called out assembly of believers

Can it be abstract?
Nope ..... read God's Word .....it is what it is..

Does it really matter what you think?
My point exactly ... it doesn't matter what you or I think ..... it matters what GOD HIMSELF says

I'm with Schulty. I pick and choose my times to have my talks.....and I'd rather be in his back yard when we do so.
Now I say this with all the love I can muster ...... love tells the truth, so here goes .....you are your own God ... you set your own rules..... like someone else said, we can worship or talk to God ANYTIME ..but we also need to OBEY HIM when He says to NOT FORSAKE THE ASSEMBLING OF OURSELVES TOGETHER....

What troubles me about religious "conflicts" (i.e. should I hunt or go to Church?; Miss a Sunday @ Church?; etc...) is the utter hypocrisy of it all. Our son used to go to Christian School (still goes to Church, there)....and they would preach how ANY alcohol was dreadfully sinful. Ditto some music of today (including some that might surprise you). Yet these people are involved in affairs......weigh 300#'s+.......etc.. That sickens me.
Hipocrisy abounds everywhere JEff...... you are hipocritical because you are a human with faults .. we all are in some ways ......... the church has plenty of hipocrits in it because it is a called out assembly of believers that are imperfect.........

Hunting is personal. A man's relationship with God is personal. I wish everyone wouldfocus their energy into tending totheir own relationships.
MY relationship with God COMMANDS me to "cry aloud and spare not" ... my relationship tells me to speak the truth in love ....but I need to speak the truth .... I care for your ever living soul, Jeff ....... God calls Himself our Father ....He has left us His Word to guide and direct us ..... what kind of Father would you be if you stuck your kids in this world with only themselves .......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.