Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illinois Lull

Old 10-30-2008, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default Illinois Lull

So I went out today in centeral Illinois and I got into my stand about 3 hours before fore dark, and I put out my scent bombs. For some reason I did not see a single deer... not even deer moving around on the outskirts of the other side of the alphalpha field. and it worries but a bit, because we should be nearing the rut and it seems like deer activity in my area has dropped off badly. But It might have something to do with the large amount of Combining of crops in the area and they have been spooked today... I was just wondering if anybody had noticed...

I can hardly weight for the bucks to start chasing Miss Doevember, ... but I hope they will still be in my hunting spot.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Illinois Lull

No lull! Things are starting to rock down here!
Old 10-31-2008, 12:41 AM
Fork Horn

Im up in northern IL and I got blanked today too, its hot and 80% of the corn in still in....skeeters even gettin me tonight.

Help.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Same here in Wi. all the deer activity just came to a complete hault. I dont think we really had an October Lull this year in Wi. I saw deer every day this month untill this week. Usually the lull is the 2nd thru the 3rd week in Oct. Im thinking its going to be a later rut than most think here in Wi. Tonight is the night that nationaly more bucks are killed in a single nite than any other nite during bow season. I just dont see it happening this year. Especially now that the temps took a hike to the 60's, It hit 73 yesterday at 5:00p
Old 10-31-2008, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

Warm weather is definitely going to thwart deer movement. Rut will continue, just might see a little more action in the hours we're all asleep. My butt will still be out there this weekend and next week, giving it the ole' "college try". 70's today, mid 60's tomorrow...
Old 10-31-2008, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same thing here in kansas. went from seeing seven does and a few bucks on one spot to seeing nothing and my other spot is the same way it has also warmed up here to, give it a week or to and they should be everywhere.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

No lull! Things are starting to rock down here!
Same for me, seen at least 8 deer every sit last week (5 total) and 13 deer the last evening I went out.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

definitely halted for me! I went from seeing 12-17 deer a day, to a total of 8 over the last 4 hunts... pretty weak!
Old 10-31-2008, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Action has stayed consistent for me all year so far. I rattled in a buck last night but never got a good look at him.

The rut should still be a week or so off from really starting to get rolling. The full moon I believe is the 13th this yearwhere last year it fell somewhere around the early part of the month if I'm not mistaken. The hot temps we are having sure isn't helping anything either.

I will be out all weekend with a decoy hoping to put the hammer down on a big Illini buck.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

today was another bust. NO Deer even seen. nothing but Squirells. I think its the weather thats killing deer movement. But I hope that it wont affect the rut when it comes in.