Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

October lull

Old 10-12-2003, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default October lull

Well, this was the least productive week in the woods I have remembered having for a long time. 5 hunts 24 hours logged and only 2 different siteings and 7 deer. 6 of those 7 were all at the same time. To add to it all were does and fawns. Things are looking up for this week though. We have a cold front coming in, I have had enough of this 70 to 75 degree hunts. Any one else seeing this? Good Luck
Old 10-12-2003, 03:04 PM

Default RE: October lull

were having the same prob with hot weather we need some 45 to 50 degree weather talk about some action
Old 10-12-2003, 03:18 PM

i' m blaming clear nights and a full moon... temps dropped this am in KS and still not seeing what I was a week ago.
Old 10-12-2003, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, I believe most people are noticing this. I used to keep records of sightings in my younger years while bowhunting. There was always a sharp drop during periods of the full moon. I started not hunting during full moons unless it occurred during the rut.
Happy Hunting
Dan
Old 10-12-2003, 06:05 PM

I agree. In the last 48 hours we have only seen one deer. A young spike. Took my 11 year old out for the KY Youth weekend and that is the only deer we saw. He came out about 5:30 last night. My son could not get a shot he was confident taking with the rifle so the spike lived another day. I sure hope things are better for the early muzzleloader weekend next week. Gottta try out the Black Diamond I got for X-mas last year. I mean how many woman can say their husband' s gave them a Black Diamond for Christmas.
Old 10-12-2003, 08:55 PM

Try a full moon, 80 degrees, and 100% humidity. Not very conducive for killing big bucks.
Old 10-12-2003, 08:58 PM

FULL MOON IS KILLING ME.

GO DEEP HUNT HARD.

PUT ME IN ANYHUNTING SITUTION AND I WILL STRIKE FAST AND GET THE JOB DONE.

Old 10-12-2003, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can' t wait for cooler weather. Largely due to personal comfort. I hate getting to my stand all sweaty.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

Same here in West Central IL. Thought I might be able to catch a buck coming in from being out all night (Sunday morning)...but saw nothing. I know the time around the full moon rarely breeds success, but I like proving myself wrong. Unfortunately, I was right again. Hard to kill a deer sleeping in though. Need the cold weather!!
Old 10-13-2003, 08:16 AM
Spike

Same weather here. Deer are moving very quickly at daylight and staying put until dark. They are up all night though it seems. It doesn' t help that we have had an awful mast crop this year either. Will deer eat hickory nuts????

Quick Reply: October lull

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.