Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dream buck?

Old 10-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Dream buck?

Maybe I'm thinking about hunting too much... Had a dream last night that I double lunged a huge 8pt, watched it fall... The dream was soo vivid, unfortunately the stupid alarm clock went of right as I reached down to grab the horns! [:@]

Hopefully I'll make that dream come true tonight

You ever had a dream about a deer?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dream buck?

I dream about shooting a main frame 10 pt with drop tines on both sides alot. Maybe oneday.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

My brother had a dream he was driving and saw a "HUGE BUCK" yeah...well he pulled over and tried to shoot it with his bow but missed...the deer didn't spook so he decided he was going to walk up to it grab it by the antlers and kill by hand...so that is what he did...walked right up to it grabbed by the antlers and I can't remember he either choked it or broke its neck...

I on the other hand don't remember many of my dreams....but my dream buck is a dead buck!!! How about that???
Old 10-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

Last night I dreamed a girl threw a lawn dart at me and it went through my hand when I tried to sheild my face. I sure hope that dont come true. God knows there are some that probably have good reason to try.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let's hope it comes true. He's on my team!!

Yeah, I've had 'visions' of bucks before. So far, it's never panned out.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

I had multiple dreams about this deer last year after we got a trail cam picture of him. He was all I thought about when I went to bed and then I would wake up and realize that I had another dream that he walked into bowrange I centerpunched him from my treestand. But he never showed up all last year.
The story was a little different when I finally got him, as I was on the ground in a corn field, but I must say he still is my dream buck.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

MJ469...sweet...I've never had the trail cam experience, so I've never got to persue a specific deer before(I don't scout ALL too much either). I'd imagine that when it finally walks into range it gets your heart going nuts.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:08 PM

I had "nightmares" about a buck that I couldn't find last year. I finally found them months later and they went away.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

I've had many dreams that me or my dad killed a giant buck. Maybe that will come true someday.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Every night before opening morning I am restless as can be and have had some of the best deer hunting dreams. I am always tiredwhen morning comes, but I usually have way too much excitment about the season ahead to feel tired. Two years ago when I shot the buck in my avatar I kept dreaming about the shot forthe first few nights afterwards.It is amazing how vivid a few seconds of timecan become when you shoot your biggest buck ever. I must say that the dreams never can compare to the real thing.