Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how long did it take >

how long did it take

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how long did it take

Old 10-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default how long did it take

How many years did it take you to kill a deer. I have been going at it 5 years now I have yet to get a deer. I missed two last week which was my first year bow hunting. my third out of the last four hunting. This is my fifth i still have not got one. Am i in with alot of guys or am i just doomed.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: how long did it take

I dabbled w/ bow hunting when I was younger.. not too serious, so, not counting that, I think it was my second season of seriously bowhunting. Nice fat doe. Stick with it...it will happen. Once the ice is broken, it will get easier!
Old 10-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

it took me 4 years with a rifle and 3 with a bow so your not alone it just takes time and it gets way way easier after the first one
Old 10-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Dominant Buck

I hunted probably 30 times in '05 (my first season) and took one ill-advised shot on the closer. Nothing for that year.

I came back in '06 and took 5. Took 9, last year....and 3 (so far) this season.

Hang in there, pal.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

My 2nd year of hunting I got my deer. I'm thinking It was my 2nd or 3rd sit of the year and I was 13 years old. I hunted 3 times my 1st year hunting, I wasn't Into It too much my 1st year for some reason.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I also dabbled with bow hunting when i was 13. I got the game deer avenger and was hooked. Kind odd but so be it. Then on my birthday me and my parents stopped at a yard sale. There sits a 6 month old bear bow. The local store had it for 200 bucks. The closed and sold it for 50s bucks. I bought it for 50 bucks with 24 arrows and everything to shoot. My uncle helped me get into shooting. He told me not to hunt until i had to go from 6 arrows to 3 because i was trashing them. Which i took for real good groups. He told me it would take 6 months. In three weekends off shooting i was robin hooding his arrow with mine. After that i shot first then him. I hunted two years then. I had a field behind my house. I would walk around and look for the deer not much of a hunt though.

I lost my bow when camping my dadhung it on a tree at the camp site. He did not bother to tell me. The camp manager went home with a nice bow that night.
If i had it today it would be hanging on my wall and i would have hunted ever since. I stopped due to lack of funds to replace the bow.
ORIGINAL: Western MA Hunter

I dabbled w/ bow hunting when I was younger.. not too serious, so, not counting that, I think it was my second season of seriously bowhunting. Nice fat doe. Stick with it...it will happen. Once the ice is broken, it will get easier!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:05 PM

I got my first deer with a bow during my third season trying..
Old 10-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ishot my first deer first day of my second season. But my second deerwas 6 years later.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

About 45 minutes.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: how long did it take

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.