Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 10-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shot one tonight.....

ORIGINAL: dmen

What the hell were you doing bowhunting in a pouring rain anyway? we all know rain washes blood away. The more you post the more I wonder.
So rain is a reason to not hunt? I know some of you are having fun ripping on DT, but that statement doesn't seem to make alot of sense.
Blood+POURING Rain= No Blood Trail
Old 10-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: dmen

What the hell were you doing bowhunting in a pouring rain anyway? we all know rain washes blood away. The more you post the more I wonder.
So rain is a reason to not hunt? I know some of you are having fun ripping on DT, but that statement doesn't seem to make alot of sense.
No, but "POURING RAIN" is a reason to not hunt. I won't go in a pouring rain because I know it can significantly lower my odds of recovery on a marginally hit deer. a light rain is one thing. Pouring is a different matter.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

DT, maybe if you wouldn't have come on with all the chest pounding that you smoked him this might not be so hard. In my recovery thread I mentioned to NEVER trust what you THINK you saw, perhaps now your learning that the hard way.

Also, tracking dogs are legal in NJ, you haven't even considered them so your last ditch effort hasn't happened yet but you should have considered them earlier than now. That call should have been made last night.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:55 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-29-2008, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still stuck on why you wouldn't shoot the same deer if given the chance. For me, he would be public enemy #1 until hunting season was over. I would want a second chance to kill that deer.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

sorry about your misfortune. It sucks for real! When I was tracking my doe the other week with Rob and found no blood I was upset as all hell! I knew I smoked her but the hole was plugged. We did find her foxes had ate her arse out.[:@]What I am saying is I know how you feel and it sucks! Chin up look straight ahead for good times ahead in your stand!!
Old 10-29-2008, 01:01 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I'm still stuck on why you wouldn't shoot the same deer if given the chance. For me, he would be public enemy #1 until hunting season was over. I would want a second chance to kill that deer.
And what if I wound him again ? I'd feel like a complete arse. I dont want to put him through it again.

sorry about your misfortune. It sucks for real! When I was tracking my doe the other week with Rob and found no blood I was upset as all hell! I knew I smoked her but the hole was plugged. We did find her foxes had ate her arse out.[:@]What I am saying is I know how you feel and it sucks! Chin up look straight ahead for good times ahead in your stand!!
I know it happens, but it sucks. I do hope that there are good times ahead ! Thank you.

What if you wound a second one? Then you have 2 gimps limping around. If you are lacking confidence about making a good shot..........[&:]
Old 10-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Typical Buck

No, but "POURING RAIN" is a reason to not hunt. I won't go in a pouring rain because I know it can significantly lower my odds of recovery on a marginally hit deer. a light rain is one thing. Pouring is a different matter
So if you are hunting and it is going to pour that night or even during your hunt you are going to pass on a deer, If you only get one vacation and it pours the whole time you are not going to hunt. I have seen the constant jabs at DT for a whileand lord knows he brings it on himselfsometimes with some wild stories, but I think some of you guys are looking for reasons to put him down, just my opinion but it has been happening for months.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.