Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 10-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shot one tonight.....

Like I said earlier, I have hit two deer in the shoulder knuckle. The first one was a doe and she very much mule kicked. I thought for sure I had put one into her heart by her reaction. However, 70 yards later I find my arrow, which had no BH attached to it, with less that 2" of blood on it. The second deer I shot in the shoulder knuckle, I knew right away, it was a very close shot, I watched the arrow hit and seen it in the deer when it took off. I found that arrow within 40 yards of the POI. Deer will and do react different to each shot, sure there are some norms, but they are not absolutes. IMHO, the arrow has to be out there, no matter where this deer was shot. If it was guts, it would have blown thru. If it was in the shoulder knuckle, it would have fell out. If it got stuck in the off set shoulder, the deer would have broken a portion of the arrow off. The one thing I know for sure, it neither the deer or the arrow will be found while beating on a key board.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Site Bouncer

Mule kick or not...and I have yet to see a deer hunch and mule kick when hit in the front shoulder/leg. Everyone of them favored the leg in a serious way while running. I believe DT would have noticed a difference in the deer's gate had he hit him in a front leg joint......
Old 10-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

Mule kick or not...and I have yet to see a deer hunch and mule kick when hit in the front shoulder/leg. Everyone of them favored the leg in a serious way while running. I believe DT would have noticed a difference in the deer's gate had he hit him in a front leg joint......
Exactly, John ...

For those that feel that guys are being hard on DT .... there is history for some of his tales ...... when you make your bed, you gotta lie in it

DT ...how long have you been hunting?
Old 10-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

God forbid someone makes a mistake. A word of advice for anyone posting about loosing a deer or making a bad shot ect.... DONT DO IT. No one else here has ever done it.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dt, I am sorry to hear about that. I hit a deer in the knuckle 5 years back and saw him a month later limping around. I am from SE. Pa. if you ever need help or run into a situation like this again and need a hand shoot me a pm. Good luck next time bud.

Shane
Old 10-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I just went and looked more. Had to come home to meet the plumber, but I have a feeling I am going to find that arrow. Instead of hunting tomorrow, I'm going back out to look more.

Read what I wrote, Big. I wasnt even prepared to shoot, yet. I was settling my pin and my fingers, extremely frozen and numb- hit the release. It was an unintentional discharge. I have no issues shooting 40 or 50yards on a deer. I practice it alot and I've taken shots over 40yards with no problems. 37yards- I didnt even blink an eye.

Oh, sorry PT...Forgot to reply- 4 years bowhunting.
I read what you wrote......

Sorry, DT but I have to call you out on this. It's raining, windy and so cold it's caused you to accidentally trip your release prematurely, yet you take a second shot at a longer distance where the wind and rain will make even more of an impact on your arrow flight???

I hope you find him, I really do, but I have a feeling you have no idea at all where you hit the deer or how exactly it reactedafter the hit.

Maybe next time your faced with a 37yd shot in the rain, wind and cold you should not only blink, but pass on the shot.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: IL_BOW_MAN

No offense fella's...but this is the exact reason I don't venture into the bowhunting forum much anymore.

DT...I hope you can find your deer...and don't let these guys get you down. Everybody does everything different!! Give it your best, that is all we can ask for.
My thoughts exactly. Very few of you that I would piss on if you were on fire. If you don't like that you can go, " pound sand", as one on here puts it all the time.

Good luck DT! I'm sure the rest of these premier bowhunters have never wounded a deer! I always wondered why gun hunters called us bowhunters arrogant. I'm starting to learn why.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.