Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 10-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Shot one tonight.....

You havent found him yet? JK Its 10:30 here and I would have had him by 8:00 at the latest! Cant wait to see this "cull" buck!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

[blockquote]quote:

If he made it to the briar thickets- I'll never find him in there. I'll have to wait and look for the buzzards.
[/blockquote]

Original:GMMAT
With all due respect....I hope you find your buck....and I hope you don't abandon him if he is in there. They make machette's and they make ATV's that'll help.

I hope it's a non-issue, though.
And this comes from a guy who just last week defended his position of sometimes wasting the tenderloins because they aren't big enough for the extra effort.

I was not an English Major so I am not sure whether this is irony or hypocrisy, but it sure caused me to pause for a second and just shake my head.

DT, I have no doubt you will do everything possible to recover this deer in a timely fashion. Good luck.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Dominant Buck

And this comes frtom a guy who just last week defended his position of sometimes wasting the tenderloins because they aren't big enough for the extra effort.

I was not an English Major so I am not sure whether this is irony or hypocrisy, but itsure caused me to pause for a second and just shake my head.
I don't have to defend any "position". I'll eat what I see fit from the deer I take. You can pound sand.

If you're not taking neck, rib, heart and liver from your deer....you're no more a "saint" than I. It's kind of amusing to me that it bothers you (what someone else is doing with the venison they harvest.).

BIG difference between not taking select cuts (occasionally)and someone "seemingly" saying they'll abandon search for a deer if the terrain gets too thick. I got almost 60#'s of meat out of my last doe....and again...I sleep JUST fine.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

And this comes frtom a guy who just last week defended his position of sometimes wasting the tenderloins because they aren't big enough for the extra effort.

I was not an English Major so I am not sure whether this is irony or hypocrisy, but itsure caused me to pause for a second and just shake my head.
I don't have to defend any "position". I'll eat what I see fit from the deer I take. You can pound sand.

If you're not taking neck, rib, heart and liver from your deer....you're no more a "saint" than I. It's kind of amusing to me that it bothers you (what someone else is doing with the venison they harvest.).

BIG difference between not taking select cuts (occasionally)and someone "seemingly" saying they'll abandon search for a deer if the terrain gets too thick. I got almost 60#'s of meat out of my last doe....and again...I sleep JUST fine.
Well said. I know people who butcher to the point that I feel bad about the poor job I do (and I don't waste much). Each person uses what they will use. As long as they are using the majority of the meat, it is better than the carcass rotting in the woods somewhere.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Gundeck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Well said. I know people who butcher to the point that I feel bad about the poor job I do (and I don't waste much). Each person uses what they will use. As long as they are using the majority of the meat, it is better than the carcass rotting in the woods somewhere.

All right, we already beat this horse!! Where's DT with an update, it's almost noon!!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

What I want to know is how DT doesn't know exactly where he hit this deer? Or did he fire the cameraman for too much noise? Seems to me someone that is on staff and talks about dedication to "laying" down quality footage of mature buck kills would not be caught dead in a stand on Oct. 28th without a cameraman. I too would like to know the outcome of this story.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

What I want to know is how DT doesn't know exactly where he hit this deer? Or did he fire the cameraman for too much noise? Seems to me someone that is on staff and talks about dedication to "laying" down quality footage of mature buck kills would not be caught dead in a stand on Oct. 28th without a cameraman. I too would like to know the outcome of this story.
Very good point and good catch!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

GOOD LUCK DT!!!!!!!!
I was UPDATED!!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

No one wants to see him fail. I want to see a successful recovery picture of a happy hunterwho isproud ofhis animal. Posting before thinking has plagued our old buddy DT in the past. I hope he is dragging that deer right now. Doe,Button buck or 200 inch club buck, weowe it toeach animal to give them our best.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well we are closing in on 1 oclock, any update there DT?

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.