Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 10-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shot one tonight.....

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

BAM- perfect hit. You literally couldnt walk up and put the arrow in a better spot. He mule kicks, hunches his back, tucks his ail and runs off.
I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

Generally, a hunched back, and a tucked tail is not a good sign. In my experiances that denotes guts.

Hope I'm wrong, and I hope you find him. Good thing you aren't pushing him, now.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

I think a hunched back is a good sign. Has been in my past experiences. Anyway Droptine, you will get him in the am.
And then just think come saturday you can hunt for another buck.
Good luck.
DW
Old 10-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

BAM- perfect hit. You literally couldnt walk up and put the arrow in a better spot. He mule kicks, hunches his back, tucks his ail and runs off.
I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

Generally, a hunched back, and a tucked tail is not a good sign. In my experiances that denotes guts.

Hope I'm wrong, and I hope you find him. Good thing you aren't pushing him, now.
I agree with GMATT, Ben and Kyle ...... you seem to act like the buck is not much to worry about because he is a "cull" buck .... I wonder if he was a 150" deer how you would be acting...... AND I don't believe the hit was perfect ... hunched up and a tucked tail usually means gut shot .....
Old 10-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

I had that same situation this year, a few weeks ago. I actually hit the deer in the shoulder. I gave him almost 2 hours, and began to track him. I ran out of blood late at night, so I decided to pull out for the evening and come back the next morning. It just so happened to have rained overnight, washing away all the blood I had tracked the night before. My grandfather and my uncle looked in the morning for me and did not find him, so I went out for almost 5 hours that evening combing the area. I even asked the neighbor to just look a little ways on his property, just in case he jumped the road. No deer for me. It sucks because that would have been my first deer. Make sure you go out and try as hard as you possibly can to find this deer. You owe it to him!
Old 10-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

I'm curious, if it looked like a perfect hit and it was raining, why did you wait an hour to follow the trail? I waited about two minutes to follow my buck because I knew it was a good hit and because it was pouring.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:01 PM

A hunched deer means dead deer, tough trail to me. It's a gut shot deer. Do you know anyone who has a trailing dog? Reason I ask is that there maybe slim to nil blood trail, but there is a dead deer at the end of it.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck DT In the morning. Remember this though- Our arrows don't always go where we swear we saw them go. I've been guilty of It a few times In the pass myself. Treat the blood trail with respect.

Good luck!!

"Do you mean the best broadhead In the world didn't take this deer down right away?? If you couldn't use the Rage you wouldn't bow hunt, remember saying that? Sorry, just giving you a hard time and having a little fun with ya!![8D][8D]"

Old 10-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea shultz...I remember saying that.

Honestly, I think I messed up looking for him. Of courrse the Rage didnt fail.....

We'll find out if i hit him where I know I did when I find him tom.
I'm sure It didn't fail, just giving you a hard time Is all!! Cheer up!

I'm guessing you will find this buck In the morning. Lungs or guts, It's one of the 2 I'd bet.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.