Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 peep and pendulum sights >

peep and pendulum sights

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

peep and pendulum sights

Old 03-26-2003, 12:02 PM
Spike

Default peep and pendulum sights

I posed this question on the bowhunting gear forum also, but thought maybe someone on this forum might also have an answer.
I recently switched to using a release after shooting fingers for years. I use a kisser button as an anchor, but am still not satisfied with my performance. I am wondering if a peepsight will help me. You need to know that I use a Savage pendulum sight. Will a peepsight work with a pendulum sight? Anyone have any experience with this combination of sights/
Thanks.
Old 03-26-2003, 12:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: peep and pendulum sights

Hedgie, you bet. and a peep will also help your accuracy. that is unless your like me, half blind. I finally just dropped my peep and I' m usin a kisser button only, on one bow, and the rear yikes sight on the other.
I shot a pendelum for about 2 years, but could never get consistent tight groups with it, so finally decided to go back to a single pin sight.
Old 03-26-2003, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hedgie how is the savage pendulum ? I use a Keller and to tell you the truth I wish it were a little less noisy.
Old 03-26-2003, 02:46 PM

Jersey , It' s much quieter. I don' t think anything compares to a Keller and noise. When I changed from a Keller to a fixed pin sight , I felt like I had a new bow !

Old 03-26-2003, 03:32 PM
Spike

jersey, as cbc said, the savage sight is quiet. I used a Keller for about 6 years (whenever they were first available), and it is noisy. However, at my hunting ranges (<20 yards) I never had a deer jump from the noise. The reason I went to Savage is I bought a new bow and had to accessorize it. The Keller sight, and the bow it is attached to, have been handed down to my 12-year old.