Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 OK Mini DVD - Mini Cam users..... >

OK Mini DVD - Mini Cam users.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK Mini DVD - Mini Cam users.....

Old 10-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: OK Mini DVD - Mini Cam users.....

Mine's a canon, Oneshot. I can't give ANY tips!

I disagree whole heartily.

I've never been busted because of a camera and it's more than enjoyable to me.

And I'm a hunter first and foremsst too
You've also chosen to set up a tree arm. That would make it easier....but I'm not hiking that thing back into some of the spots I'm going into. If I hunted the same 2-4 stands all the time....I might think about it. But moving as I do.....it's out of the question.

i geet busted reaching for the camera.....or I have been. I had THIRTEEN turkeys DIRECTLY under me, yesterday....and didn't get busted. I had TWO 1.5yr olds 20yds away that pegged me ONLY when I reached for the camera.

I'll use it less and less.....if this trend continues. It's not that important to me. If I don't move....reaching for the camera.....NO problem. I'm sure of that. Like I said....it's not worth the risk.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

It takes great video and I am completely happy with it, except that they used a format that is not compatable with any computer or software program out right now, I had to search the specific type of video camera to get any help with it at all, I just found one video file changer, but they stamp their logo on it. If I figure anything out Ill let you know, supposedly there is an update coming out for them soon.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Mine's a canon, Oneshot. I can't give ANY tips!

I disagree whole heartily.

I've never been busted because of a camera and it's more than enjoyable to me.

And I'm a hunter first and foremsst too
You've also chosen to set up a tree arm. That would make it easier....but I'm not hiking that thing back into some of the spots I'm going into. If I hunted the same 2-4 stands all the time....I might think about it. But moving as I do.....it's out of the question.

i geet busted reaching for the camera.....or I have been. I had THIRTEEN turkeys DIRECTLY under me, yesterday....and didn't get busted. I had TWO 1.5yr olds 20yds away that pegged me ONLY when I reached for the camera.

I'll use it less and less.....if this trend continues. It's not that important to me. If I don't move....reaching for the camera.....NO problem. I'm sure of that. Like I said....it's not worth the risk.
Jeff, I ask, if your getting busted reaching for a little camera how can you possibly come to full draw? If getting busted with such little movement via the camera, I'd have to reevaluate what I'm doing wrong.

I tote my camera and arm, plus my pack even with my climbing treestand, my site doesn't warrant carrying it or not, I vowed to never be in a tree without a camera and arm this year. It wouldn't matter if I had a 5 mile hike, it would come along. I enjoy it.

But to the subject matter.

When you play your camera, can you connect to the computer. I connect my GL2 to my laptop via a fire wire. Of course when I first did, the camera uploaded the drivers to the computer to pull video.

I'm assuming with the question of formatting the disc you actually wanting to play the camera's mini dvd on the computer's disc drive.

I'd find another way to connect direct and upload the footage to the computer straight from the camera. If the drivers or software needed isn't readily available, search online for the drivers, software.

Again, I use a Fire Wire.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Jeff, I ask, if your getting busted reaching for a little camera how can you possibly come to full draw? If getting busted with such little movement via the camera, I'd have to reevaluate what I'm doing wrong.
Because I reach for the camera when deer are in range....to get footage. When I reach for the bow .....it's to kill. I couldn't care less about at what point I get to the bow....as long as I do. I've never been busted reaching for my bow.....that I know of.

At home, Rob.....in reality....how many times, last year, did you NOT hunt your food plot or pin oak stands? I know we hunted a few times around your house.....but how many times do you actually climb, each season (on a "normal" year)? Just curious. I climb 100% of the time.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

When I reach for the bow .....it's to kill. I couldn't care less about at what point I get to the bow....as long as I do. I've never been busted reaching for my bow.....that I know of.
It takes more movement to draw a bow that reaching for a camera doesn't it?

And as far as using my climber, probably a dozen times however, it wouldn't matter. Just Friday morn I used my climber and carried everything, at Tim's I did the same. I will always use the arm/camera this year including IL regardless of using my climber or loc ons. My loc ons are in key areas, that makes sense.

If I hunted your ground everyday, using my climber every sit, I'd have camera and arm along for the ride. That's me.

Did ya catch the rest of the post to get back on topic?
Old 10-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Dominant Buck

It takes more movement to draw a bow that reaching for a camera doesn't it?
Maybe you're not understanding me....

I don't reach for my bow as soon as I see an animal I wanna kill. I reach for it when I know I have an "opening".....a good time to do so. I reach for the camera when I decide it's an animal I'm not gonna try to kill.....and I do so early....so as to get more footage. If I waited to reach for the camera.....as I do with my bow....the amount of footage would be minimal.

I've climbed 35 times this year, so far. SOmetimes I'm carrying my stand, pack, harness, clothing, etc... . Just today I walked in about a mile in 60 deg weather and a 12mph headwind. I was STILL hot when i got to stand. Hell I'm compromising by carrying a pack with a camera in it. In the past....I didn't carry a pack. It's actually a real pain in the ass. I couldn't imagine carrying a freakin camera arm in, also. To each his own.....it's just not that important to me to have "it" on film. I have a vivid imagination.

For every time I wish I had it......there's probably 15 others where I wish I didn't have to lug that pack. But that's just me.