HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   OK Mini DVD - Mini Cam users..... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/269118-ok-mini-dvd-mini-cam-users.html)

GMMAT 10-20-2008 09:51 PM

OK Mini DVD - Mini Cam users.....

I've got a few clips, now....and I'd like to share them. I "think" I have to format my disc before I can view it on my computer (DVD compatible).....but if I do that.....I can't use the rest of the disc space left on the mini DVD.

Is this correct? Like I said....I've got a few little clips I'd like to share....but I hate to waste the rest of the disc space to do this.

OKbowhunter20 10-20-2008 09:54 PM

RE: OK Mini DVD - Mini Cam users.....

I recorded some hunting stuff on mini DVDs last year. It was a nightmare to try to get it on the computer. The formatting, the importing..it drove me nuts. I don't think I ever got it to work.

But yes, if you format the disk, it is unusable from then on.

solocamcan 10-20-2008 10:01 PM

GMMAT...Just buy this off of me and you won't have to worry about that:D

GMMAT 10-20-2008 10:11 PM

No thanks. That little piece of extra equipment has gotten me busted more times than I care to mention (reaching for it). Pisses me off. I know I wanna catch some things....and I'm glad I have.....but it's a pain, sometimes.

Imagine having it in your breast pocket when THIRTEEN turkeys FLY in on you......RIGHT in on you;)

That happened, tonight. I could do nothing.;)

TOBY V 10-20-2008 11:33 PM

Video is fun,but it comes with a price. I stopped takingmy camera and started hunting again. Over the last 6 years I have captured some great video of deer doing the things they do.I also noticedthat I started to becomeless of a part of the woods and more reckless to just capture a few moments of video to show off to the guys later. I'm sure now that I was probably spotted more times than I would like to admit.I never had any plans to get into the business but it sure was fun for awhile. Now that I have it out of my system it sure is nice just getting back to what was the most fun in the first place.

GMMAT 10-21-2008 09:56 AM

I agree to an extent, Toby (More than you know;))....but I have a son and a wife that I'd like to share with (what I see out there). that's the reason I'm doing it, this year. When I hear movement....or see a deer, though....FIRST thing I reach for is my bow. I'v emissed some great footage this way.....but I refuse to be a slave to the lens. I'm a hunter, first and foremost.

buckmaster 10-21-2008 11:21 AM

:eek:

I've asked this same question on here since '07.... Please someone answer Jeff!:D

I cant even figure out how to re-format the disc to be save-able to the computer. I had some awesome footage of the big 8 i was after last year and have never been able to get it on here.

bigcountry 10-21-2008 01:38 PM

The mini DVD collects the data in DVD format. You have to buy a DVD ripping program to change to a mpeg format. Or I found you can use moviemaker (thanks Rob) and basically play the footage off your cam onto the computer, and it will save it as mpeg or simular.

The ripping of the DVD format is a pain, and very time consuming. Thats why I use my digital camera that collects mpeg most of the time.

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-21-2008 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: TOBY V

Video is fun,but it comes with a price.

I also noticedthat I started to becomeless of a part of the woods and more reckless to just capture a few moments of video to show off to the guys later. I'm sure now that I was probably spotted more times than I would like to admit.
I disagree whole heartily.

I've never been busted because of a camera and it's more than enjoyable to me.

And I'm a hunter first and foremsst too.

Oneshot7 10-21-2008 07:10 PM

Does anyone else have a Canon that has the new format that is a B*&!@ to change, only way I can change it is the stupid file changer that leaves a red signature that pops up periodically throughout the video [:@]