Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What day should I take off? >

What day should I take off?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What day should I take off?

Old 10-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What day should I take off?

The first day of PA fall turkey comes in on Nov. 1st, so I figure there will be some shot-gunners in the woods the first week of November. And a lot of people around here work 4-10s and have Fridays off, and some of them bow hunt. So I was leaning toward Monday the 10th, but you guys are starting to sway me toward Friday the 7th. Believe me, if I could take a week off I would, but I have to save a day for rifle season, and I have to have hernia surgery after the holidays, soI need to save my vacation days. []
Old 10-14-2008, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike it really sucks when time off from work is limited. I sure know the feeling.
The union just laid me off and I have informed the wife that I will be hunting for the next few weeks.
I feel pretty confident that I will be called back but for now I am not gonna worry to much. Gonna treat it like a gift
I know Mike!! Just get yourself fired..

Old 10-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I was in your shoes, I'd probably take the 7th and hunt Fri/Sat. I like back to back days personally. That time of year is awesome regardless, its any given day. Enjoy it!

Edit: of course assuming you can hunt Saturday too. Hopefully
Old 10-14-2008, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Get myself fired, hey that isn't a bad idea! But I don't think the wife and kids would like moving in with our parents because we can't afford to pay the bills!! Pretty convenient time to get laid off you lucky dog. Right now I am working 6AM to 2:30pm, so if the wife lets me, I can hunt the evenings, witch i plan on doing during those last two weeks. Yeah, I can hunt Saturday, so that would give me two full days to hunt in a row.