Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What day should I take off? >

What day should I take off?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What day should I take off?

Old 10-14-2008, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default What day should I take off?

Okay guys, I am planning on taking a vacation day to hunt the rut here in SW PA. I have narrowed it down to Friday Nov. 7th, or Monday Nov. 10th. What day would you guys suggest I request off?
Old 10-14-2008, 05:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What day should I take off?

I'm taking the 10th and the 11th for a 4 day weekend.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm taking the half day on the 6th, all of the 7th, and all of the 10th for a 4 1/2day weekend
Old 10-14-2008, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am taking off Nov. 5, 6, and 7th plus the weekend for a 5 day weekend. I will be out in the woods all day long each of those days!
Old 10-14-2008, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Flip a coin.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:19 AM
Typical Buck

11/5 til 11/15 anytime between those dates will be good

i have off from 11/5 til 11/16 off this year
Old 10-14-2008, 06:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Honestly I would hold off as long as you can and then see what the weather will be doing on those days. If the temperature drops on or right before one of those days, get out there then.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I personally prefer the first week of Nov. to the second week of Nov. For me, I have just had better success during the first week than I have the second. Now, that being said the second week is good and the second best week of the season IMO on average however depending on the year and when the full moon falls etc. etc. etc. Sometimes the second week is better than the first. My experience has been that I am much less likely to catch the pre-rut, which is my favorite time to be in the woods. I have also found that I am much more likely to catch the bucks in "lock down" when they get with one dow and stick with her untils she is out of estrus and only move when she moves etc. This year the rut is suppose to fall a little later so Dr. Alsheimer would say the 10th but I would say the 7th. My hunt this year is sch. for the 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9th. The 10th you are getting a little closer to the full moon as well and I don't like hunting the full moon, wether it's during the rut or not, I have always had poor success.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:29 AM

Fortunately I'm able to cover all of the bases and take off work from 10/30 thru 11/15.Ialso took 10/17 and 10/24. If I score on a big one early I'm able to put the days back in my bank and spread them out over thenext two or so months for doe.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Of course you mean which WEEK should you take off. I like the last few days of October thru the first week of November.
I like to hunt horny deer who haven't hooked up with a babe yet. I want them to still be looking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.