Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scored - non typical >

Scored - non typical

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scored - non typical

Old 10-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Scored - non typical

Well Im happy to report I scored. I was able to take the non typical Ive been watching on one of my properties. He came in with 2 other bucks. I had about 20 deer within20 yards of mebut never got busted by smell or sightWhen all the Does came in I was still seated, then I had 3 bucks come in quick. I was able to get a shot off at 15 yards broadside. I hit him about 8" back from where I had my pin as I shot and it hit a small branch. I watched the branch flutter to the ground with the leaves on it right after the shot which made me cringe a bit I have to admit, but, I saw the shot was still solidly in his mid section,he walked about 130 yards flickering his tail beforegoing down. My saving grace was he was close, so the shot getting knocked slightly off target still did the job although Im really lucky and not embarrased to admit it, and Im really pissed at myself about that but I just didnt see the little branches, Ive had to wear reading glasses the past few months, Im 43 years old and my eyes are starting get old I guess. Had he been 30 yards out I may not be posting these pics. He dressed out at 182lbs on a scale. I'll measure him up later. All in all Im really happy to have had the good luck and good fortune to take this guy, hes really cool in person, much better than the pics can portray honetly especially with his body size, and I love the choclate rack. Heading back out to video a buddy hunt right now, I'll get a score on him later.Added truck pics so you can see he actually does have width if you measure inside to inside but his left side goes more back than out.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Scored - non typical

Congrats, Andy.....he's a fine looking buck!
Old 10-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I remember you posting trail pics of this guy. Congrats and great pictures!
Old 10-11-2008, 01:01 PM

congrats on a fine buck
Old 10-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

very nice buck man congrats
Old 10-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Spike

Thats an awsome buck, has alot of character!!!
Old 10-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! That's a great looking buck.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great job Andy!! Congratulation's!!
Old 10-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

Thatsa very nice buck! I also like the way you switched hats mid-picture kind of like a Nascar driver.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

congrats on a great buck!

Quick Reply: Scored - non typical

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.