Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what a DEAL!!

Old 03-22-2003, 08:33 PM

Default what a DEAL!!

i dunno about chall but i always like to find a deal. last week one just fell in my lap as i bought a hoyt magnatec in brand new condition for $150. well tonite i was at dicks sporting goods looking for a target to shoot it in. i was just looking to see how much i was going to have to save to get one of those nice BLOCKS or the new mckenzie carbon blocks. they had several crappy targets on the shelf and then i saw one of those mckenzie carbon blocks sitting on the top shelf all by itself. there was no price tag or nothin so i went to ask the guy how much it cost --- he said probably about 60 bucks (he nor i new exactly, but i figured that to be about right) but he said that he would look it up in the price book to see for sure. i said ok but not planning to buy it. he looked at the book for about 20 minutes and finally i went over (seeing that he was getting a little frustrated) and he couldn' t find the price. just joking i suggested that he put 20 bucks on it and let me have it. after about five more minutes of no luck he asked me if i would be willing to pay 19.99 -- ahh hek yea!! when i got home i looked on the web and they sell on the mckenzie website for $100 bucks. wow lucky me what a deal!
i wonder what i' ll get next?? ha ha
Old 03-24-2003, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what a DEAL!!

Now might be a good time to purchase a lottery ticket!Sounds like you got the deal of a lifetime--i wonder if the salesman had any second thoughts after the fact?
Old 03-24-2003, 10:34 AM

sound like you got a steal onh the bow too! good for you!
Old 03-24-2003, 01:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great deal! I just bought one last week for $69.95.
You make me sick! LOL