Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tubles peep

Old 03-22-2003, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default Tubles peep

I changed my tube peep sight out for a tubles peep and went to feather,s instead
of vanes, to gain a little speed and a little less noise. Even though I havn,t shot
the new set up yet, because the arrow' s are drying, my problem is with the three
strand peep set up I see one of the string strands at full draw and it seem' s to block the pins, do I have the peep set up wrong? If not I might have to go back to
the tube peep.

GO EARLY STAY LATE
Old 03-22-2003, 07:43 PM

Default RE: Tubles peep

I don' t think you have it set up wrong but I use a tubed peepsight so don' t take that as gospel.
Do you still see the sting if you look past it and concentrate on the pins and the target? Coz it might just be something to get used to.

Otherwise, I have seen the tubeless peeps that split the string into 4 strands. That way you can fiddle around with were and how you split the string untill you are looking between the strands with 2 strands on each side of your vision. These might be more what you are looking for.

Good luck.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:34 AM

They do make a two strand tubless peep sight. It should take care of your problem. I' m not sure who it is made by, but my local pro shop had it.

I shoot with a loop and the pro shop owner said it helps turn the peep into alignment. I have never had a problem with alignment, I always get the full circle
of the peep when I come to full draw.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

jag,
You can get the peep set up so you can see between the three strands, it just takes some time and patience. The " two strand" model is called a " Shurz-A-Peep 2X2" and it has two notches on each side of the peep. Regardless of the one that you use, be sure that you have an equal number of strands in each groove, so that it will rotate consistantly to the same point, if it does rotate.
http://www.martinarchery.com/access/peep/peep.html
I hope this is what you' re looking for.
Charlie