Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 No Peep Who's tried it >

No Peep Who's tried it

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

No Peep Who's tried it

Old 08-28-2008, 12:27 PM

Default No Peep Who's tried it

Just Curious if anybody has tried the "No Peep" system by Timberland Archery Products. Does it work? If so..Do you just look to the side of the string or what??
Old 08-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: No Peep Who's tried it

Never used one on my longbows or recurves. Lol. Sorry, couldnt help it.

Actually, back in the early 80s, when I first started shooting compounds, I didnt use a peep. It works just fine. Or at least it did for me because I had shot recurves and long bows long before I ever picked up a compound, so it was just natural. I didnt even use pins. My compounds now have peeps and pins. That way I can pick them up anytime and be dead on.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:51 PM

I used one and liked it quite a bit. I thought it was better than the hindsite. Yes, you just look to the side of your string.

You don't actually use it to aim with, you use it to verify your form and anchor point is the same from shot to shot, this is what makes you accurate. After using mine for a few months I was able to take it off and shoot pretty well with it or a peep. At least at hunting distances.

An actual peep sight is still more accurate though in my opinion.

Paul
Old 08-28-2008, 03:24 PM

I use one and especially like it for hunting. One less thing on the string to contend with as well.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I got glasses I had too many problems with standard peep sights so I went to the No-Peep and loved it. After using it for 2 full years shooting all year around I found I wasn't even looking at the No-Peep anymore so I took it off my bows. I haven't gone back. The only thing on my string is a d-loop and a kisser button.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: String Burn

Just Curious if anybody has tried the "No Peep" system by Timberland Archery Products. Does it work? If so..Do you just look to the side of the string or what??
This is the second year I have been using the Timberline Archery "No Peep". I LOVE IT!..

I always had problems hunting in the drizzle or rain and having a bubble in the peep in the string. Never have to worry about that anymore with the "No Peep"
Old 08-29-2008, 07:22 PM

switched to the timberline in the spring and like it alot, i barely even look at it anymore
Old 08-30-2008, 09:31 AM

i've never tryed one but the website makes it sound pritty weird...it kind of reminds me of a level on a sight, when theres a deer in front of me that level at the bottom of the site is the last thing i wanna be looking at... unless you want it for target shooting, when you have all the time in the world to find it...if yourhunting and you dont like your peep i think youd be better off going with just a plain kisser buttonon the string...butlisten to the people who tryied it first hand