Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 String Peep or Timberline No Peep >

String Peep or Timberline No Peep

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

String Peep or Timberline No Peep

Old 05-18-2005, 01:18 PM

Default String Peep or Timberline No Peep

As I am gathering all the research for my 1st bow, I've come across the Timberline No Peep system which 'they' say is good for form, accuracy, etc, but when I went to a pro shop, and gave him my list of what I was looking for as far as bow, sights, rests, etc, he said that he has them and would put it on my bow, but that most of the people that have used it in his shop, said they don't like it and that he recommends the peep sight that goes in the string. Have you all tried either or both of these. Some of the website comments on the No Peep was that hunters could not see through their string peep in low-light condtions which cost them a shot and that the No Peep helped with this.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: String Peep or Timberline No Peep

I have one and have been shooting it for a year. I can't see myself ever going back to a peep. It can be very frustrating to get it set up right at first. But once you do, ocktite everything doen and forget about it. I have shot hogs in nothing morethan moonlight since using it. That was impossible with a peep sight. After a while it gets to where you don't even have to look at it any more. Your anchor point will become natural.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another No-Peep user here to.I have used both and would strongly reccomend the NP.
Like Mike said,its a pain to set up at first,but when it is,you will love it

most of the people that have used it in his shop, said they don't like it and that he recommends the peep sight that goes in the string.
Most people dont want to spend the time to properly set it up.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:26 AM
voz
Fork Horn

I tried the No Peep, but never had consistant groups. I love the idea of having no peep but after trying the No Peep and the Hind Sight, I've decided to stick with the peep. Maybe I just didn't have the patience to get them set up correctly. Maybe you should give it a try and see if you like either of these devises....nows a good time. I know where you could get one at a discount!
Good luck!
Old 05-19-2005, 05:01 AM

For me, I've been using a string peep for about 3 years now (since I started Bow-Hunting) and don't know if I would switch. I've gotten so used to it, that I don't know if I would want to try to fix something that isn't broken. However, I would have to mirror what everyone else is saying and try them both and go with what is the best for you.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really like the concept of the no-peep but haven't brought myself to try one yet. Between the light level-bubble, and then the no peep to watch, I feel that it would add a precious second or two to the shot process. Maybe it would be good for hunting, but I really like centering the pin guard on my Hogg IT in the peep for 3D's and spots and regular practice and I can't see setting the bow up differently for hunting.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

they don't like it and that he recommends the peep sight that goes in the string.
I agree , get a quality string and a true peep
Old 05-19-2005, 07:25 AM

i completely agree with extreme1. the shop owners i've talked to don't like to spend and hour or more with someone setting up a $32 accessory (in their defense, with you, being your first bow, it may be real tough). its funny though, whenever i go shoot at a shop, guys won't quit asking me about them and deciding they want one. i can now install one in about 5 minutes and have it perfect, but the first time took a long time. in fact it took weeks because for me it was a whole new world. now i can shoot without it.

a big reason i can do it now so fast is my consistent anchor.

in your situation, first bow, i think i'd suggest a $3 true peep like jimmy said. once you've established some form and anchor i'd start playing around with a no-peep.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

who has a website for the NP? I just started shooting a peep after 13 years with a kisser. I like it, but it has its draw backs. I find myself having to shoot with both eyes open in shady situations.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:09 AM

Here are two websites I found. one is for the Timbeline no-peep setup and the other is an illuminated string peep which is supposed to help in low light situations. What do all think about this string peep for hunting?

http://www.timberline-archery.com/np.html

http://www.fine-linearchery.com/peep-UltraGlo.html#top

Quick Reply: String Peep or Timberline No Peep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.