Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bumped.....What to do? >

Bumped.....What to do?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bumped.....What to do?

Old 10-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default Bumped.....What to do?

First of all, a little background on my hunting spot will probably help you all out alot with your answer. I hunt a small fairly urban 17 acre piece of bush that has a few houses around but is in a rural setting. Last night on my way into my stand at 4:30 i waswalking down the lane that heads back toward my stand, i put my head down to walk through some water and when i looked up there was the doe that i was after scurrying away at about 40 yards. I still can't believe i bumped her at that time but im starting to think she was bedded between me and my stand and i may have got her up. I know for sure her and a fawn use this bush as there core area and probably other but they are the only ones i can confirm. The property backs onto railway tracks. Question being is do you guys think i should get back after her tonight or let her settle down for a couple days. With school i have very limited time and personally i really want to get back out there, but i also dont want to pressure her too much. My buddy sees her quite frequently standing in the lane when he comes out of the shop at night and she doesnt seem to mind.I think from now on im going to walk in down the tracks and come in from the back so as to not disturb the woods as much as i can. Opinions? Id greatly appreciate it.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bumped.....What to do?

Go after her now.

Get in a bit earlier and sit still.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:24 AM

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Go after her now.

Get in a bit earlier and sit still.
Do this.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you have limited time, then I think you have already answered your own question. Get out there.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

Go after her now. I hunt rural areas with house/cabins/and the occassional farm that sees a lot of human activity. Mature bucks won't tolerate being bumped repeatedly but the does and young'uns will be back. This is their territory and they won't be leaving unless something really get to them. Two years ago, I was on the way to stand and two does trotted out in front of me, then they started to move a little faster and I pulled a Rambo, running through the woods after them. Iknew where they were headed on the trail they were on and the trail I was running on would intersect within 75 yards or so. Mind you, doing this was a crap shoot but its early season and they're yearlings, meaning last year's fawn or 1 1/2 year olds. So when they stopped, I stopped and was about 30 yards out. While they were looking back to see if I was still there, I plugged one of them with a muzzy. Now here's the moral of the story. I went out the very next day and bumped the other doe who was back again. Get out there, whenever you can.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the advice everyone, i went out tonight, didnt see anything but it was a beautiful night in the woods.