Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tonights Hunt

Old 10-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Tonights Hunt

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Sounds like a great hunt to me. What did you have for diner?[&:]
Mostaccoli and green beans. It was good!!!

Old 10-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Its not that he needs a change of camo...its he had his hat off,, there was a glare that gave his position away I have seen it. Its shiny [8D]Gary thats a thing you will never forget about your Mom,,neat story
ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

LoL.... ya know that cant be good when your mom is picking you out in the tree..?? Maybe its time for a change of camo[8D]!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Well with the east wind I had to hunt towards the front of the farm. I hunt a little corner of field and where a swail comes through. I can see the house from the stand, it's not to far, but it's a great little funnel the deer can sneak through.

My Dad was going out to ride his bike, I told him to go ahead, I was hunting where I could see the house. For those who don't know my mother is in early stages of Alzheimer’s disease. At 6:40 PM I have bow in hand waiting for deer, no deer yet, but I can feel them coming. I hear "Gary", at first I thought a squirrel was talking to me. "Gary" again I hear it, I turn around and standing in the cut bean field is my mom. "Where are you" me "Right here mom" Mom "Dinner is ready come in and eat" me "Ok mom be right in" Mom "What the heck are you doing up there" me "just sitting" Mom "you're nuts"

Sometimes it's just not meant to be

You win Germ.. MI has WAY more pressure than Illinois.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got to listen to your mom. There will be lots other days to hunt. Very sorry to hear about your mom. Good luck
Old 10-11-2008, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

When i hunt my stand i make sure i have a cell with me. i told everyone not to call me unless something bad happen or say the cops show up with a warrent or something like that
I called to checkin with my dad he was not there. My mom called me back twice. what are you doing where you at. I said i am hunting so stop calling.

I wonder how much the deer liked the ring ring ring.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

ORIGINAL: Germ

Well with the east wind I had to hunt towards the front of the farm. I hunt a little corner of field and where a swail comes through. I can see the house from the stand, it's not to far, but it's a great little funnel the deer can sneak through.

My Dad was going out to ride his bike, I told him to go ahead, I was hunting where I could see the house. For those who don't know my mother is in early stages of Alzheimer’s disease. At 6:40 PM I have bow in hand waiting for deer, no deer yet, but I can feel them coming. I hear "Gary", at first I thought a squirrel was talking to me. "Gary" again I hear it, I turn around and standing in the cut bean field is my mom. "Where are you" me "Right here mom" Mom "Dinner is ready come in and eat" me "Ok mom be right in" Mom "What the heck are you doing up there" me "just sitting" Mom "you're nuts"

Sometimes it's just not meant to be
You win Germ.. MI has WAY more pressure than Illinois.
Duke I amreally close to the house in this spot, it's really not that far of a walk. I told her I was there, and if she need me to honk the car horn.

Last week my son and I spent the night, she wanted to make us eggs in the morning. Zach loves eggs, after she cracked the third egg and threw the egg in the garbage and started frying the shells I moved in. She realized it and we had a good laugh, just like last night. After I came in, she felt bad, no big deal I said. I pretty much know where deer i want to shoot is at, in a east wind he's pretty safe from me

The guy going down the river with his boat at 6:30 was a help also
Old 10-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gary, that story made my day, I was trying to picture the look on your face lol. Hilarious

Shane
Old 10-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

LOL, That right there is priceless.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sorry you are dealing with that with your mom.I went through it with my father a few years ago.As you say certain things just are not meant to be!
Old 10-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Enjoy every day you can with Mom. My mom died from parkinsons. I went off to war and she was fine. I came home 2 years later and it had started. It took her a long time. The last 3 years were just horrible. I still remember the good times 50 years later.