Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hanging Your Bow? >

Hanging Your Bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hanging Your Bow?

Old 10-09-2008, 06:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hanging Your Bow?

I usually have it in my hand or laying across my lap or standing up right in front of me in a bow holster attached to my belt. I like to be ready. I used to enjoy having a bow holder attached to the top of my stand so the bow was within easy reach and already in an upright position. HOWEVER, since I bought the Guardian, I can find a bow holder I like or feel comfortable with when carrying a parallel limb bow. With the old Darton Maverick with recurve limbs it was easy and secure. Anyone know of anything that'll work with a parallel limb bow??????
Old 10-09-2008, 06:40 AM
Typical Buck

If I'm sitting I have it in my bow holder on my stand...if I'm standing I used a bow holder pocket on my pants until I get a shot opportunity.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:58 AM

I usually hang on to my bow, when I am trimming out branches to hang the stand, I leave a nub to hang my packsack on, when possible.

But I also picked up some Bike hangers from local store (can tire) for like 4bux each, they are padded, and have a threaded end, so works perfect for the bow, or gear, being padded makes them quite, and they go into the tree's easily.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Always have myhand on my bow. I learn from the mistakes of others. How many times have I heard the stories of deer suprising the hunter and his bow is on the hanger? Hangers are for home when the hunt is done.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

I usually lay mine across my lap, but if Im going to get soemthing out of my pack or use the restroom , I will hang it on a hook that I put into the tree, one of the greatest .59 cent investments I've made.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Typical Buck

I always have my bow on the EZ hanger. I move less then if I would have it in my hand.

Great product!
Old 10-09-2008, 09:20 AM

EZ hanger for me as well.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

i usually leave my bow on the ground and then when i see a deer i pull it up, its more challenging!!!!!!LOL....
Old 10-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

i lay mine across the front rail of my Viper...

i hunt state game lands often and cant damage or drill into trees....so i dont use a hanger when im not on game lands just to stay in the same habit and routines....

i do use a hook or 2 for my quiver and pack when im not on game lands....game lands i have to hang it all from the stand somehow....

have a front pouch on my viper and been ditching the pack till im sitting all day....
Old 10-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

i use the EZ hanger as well......had one for years and love it

Quick Reply: Hanging Your Bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.