Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hanging Your Bow? >

Hanging Your Bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hanging Your Bow?

Old 10-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hanging Your Bow?

so how many of you use a hanger on your tree to hang your bow on while hunting? i've always just layed it across my lap so i could reach it with less movement, but is it really that much more movement to hang your bow and just grab it when a deer walks in range?
Old 10-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hanging Your Bow?

I use an EZ hanger because its LESS movement than anything else. It's hung at the right height. I couldn't imagine being in the woods without one. Seriously, I don't think I will ever hunt without one.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Primos bow hanger, but just as much prefer a normal little hook style.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first year with the EZ Hanger and I really like it. I always scrambled looking for a place to hang my rattle bag and binoculars but this solves that problem. Also, pretty hard to rattle with a bow laying across your lap.

Before, I just always used a regular treestand step for my bow, and would only put it on there when I was rattling.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:45 AM
Typical Buck

I hang my bow on 1 hook and my back pack on another. I usually have to stand and sit about every hour and do want the additional movement of the bow. It just seems easier for me to hang it and leave it. I always have a limb like buckmaster picture when I set up my stand.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nybowhunter

I hang my bow on 1 hook and my back pack on another. I usually have to stand and sit about every hour and do want the additional movement of the bow. It just seems easier for me to hang it and leave it. I always have a limb like buckmaster picture when I set up my stand.
Me too. I don't want my pack to get in the way of my bow and I don't want my bow to get in the way of my pack. I hold my bow 90% of the time but when I want a snack or drink of water or to use my binos, it sure is nice not having to worry about possiblydropping the bow.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use the Primos, Big Game, and HME bow hangers, all swing arm style.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:11 AM
Typical Buck

I use the 36" EZ-Hanger this is the first season using it and i cant believe i havnt used it before. you can hang your bow anywhere. Great little gadget
Old 10-09-2008, 06:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have an EZ Hanger in every tree that I hang my bow on, and then I put just a regular hook in for my backpack.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got an EZ hanger and a couple of the Primos hangers, too. I like being "hands free." The first hour of light and the last hour of light, I have my bow in my hands though.

Quick Reply: Hanging Your Bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.