Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need some arrow help! >

Need some arrow help!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need some arrow help!

Old 10-05-2008, 02:50 PM

Default Need some arrow help!

Hey guys right I am shooting Easton Carbon Storm arrows but I am down to only a few so I figured I would go ahead and upgrade. I am looking that the Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350 with blazer vanes. My bow has a 29" draw length and I shoot around 66#. How have these arrows performed for those who shoot them.

Thanks for the help
Old 10-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Need some arrow help!

I switched to the Maxima Hunter 350's last year and they are awesome. I'm shooting 64# at a 29" draw length and the thing I found most rewardingis they fly true with either field points or broadheads. I shot cheaper Carbon Express arrows before last year and could never get my broadheads and field pointsgroups to come together.

By chance, I found 6 of the 350's at Cabela's Bargin Cave and give them a try and instantly I was grouping tightly. I've sincebought 18more of these since I broke four last yearharvesting deer and wanted to have separate arrows for practice and hunting. You can't go wrong with the 350's.

Gerry
Old 10-05-2008, 04:18 PM

Default RE: Need some arrow help!

I posted this in tech thread several weeks ago, I'v since gone back to my Blue Jackets. Didn't want to loose my cofidents so close to the season. I will nost likely try the maximums again but after the season. Just couldn't get them to shoot right.
Beenshooting Blue Jacket #230 for the past 5 years,They havealways been tack driving machines, with 1" groups out to 40 yardswith both eyes closed. Well about a month ago I invested in what the local bowshop and just about every bow magizine out there recommends. bought a dozen Carbon Express Maxima Hunters #350. I gotta tell you I am not impressed. Not only do they shoot all over the target the penetration is half what I was getting with my Blue jackets. Also getting quite a bit more fish tailing in flight then I've ever seen before with a carbon arrow. So whats my problem guy's? I understand the size (surface area) is bigger on the maxima wich may explain the penetration issue, but why such lousy accurasy. Been bow hunting for over 30 years now and have never had arrows shoot so baddly!