Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i dont know whether to be happy or mad! >

i dont know whether to be happy or mad!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i dont know whether to be happy or mad!

Old 09-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: i dont know whether to be happy or mad!

It was your dads decision to shoot it. i dont see what there is to be mad at. a 130 class deer is very nice for a bow.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Typical Buck

i'd shoot a 130" buck weather it be gun or bow, and that would be one hellofa buck by my standards!
Old 09-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

my dad went out hunting last night and this morning and here is what he seen, last night: 21 does, 9 bucks including a 145 inch 8, and 3 130 inch 9 and 10 points, and 7 raccoons, well this morning he seen a 145 inch 10 point, a 150 inch 10 point, 5 does and a coyote and bobcat! and last night he accidentally shot a 130 inch 10 point right at the end of legal shooting time, thinking it was a big buck........... o and he got everyone of these animals on film!!!! im editing it all right now and im thinkin, Man i never have these kind of days, i know its bad but im so jealous of his luck right now!
Sure was nice of your dad to leave you a 150" 10 point
Old 09-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

i have only killed 4 bucks with my bow, the largest being a tad under 115, so no i havent killed a pope and young buck yet but, 2 years ago my dad, uncles and I decided to only shoot mature bucksand i have tried to stick to it. The year befroe last hunting season i shot a buck with my gun that i made a mistake on and i will never do that again, i got bashed so badly for shooting him because he was only a 3 1/2 year old....he scored 141 2/8. we had trail cam pics of this buck and everyone agreed to let him live another year(including me), the shot was a far one and i couldnt recognize him in the heat of the moment.

plus my whole house is filled with 125-140 inch bucks and my dad wants to get our cabin filled with monsters, not just average bucks
I'm not trying to rip on your dad here but man your only 15 years old I think? No one should be getting ticked at you for shooting a smaller buck at your age!!