Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage users....

Old 09-28-2008, 06:42 PM

Default Rage users....

In my recent endeavors to try new things, Im going to shoot some Rage 2 blades this year....now for those who use them, do you replace the blades after a kill??? How hard is it to do this?? I have read several reviews that say that when you try to replace the blades, the allen screw that holds them in gets stripped or cross threaded or something b/c of the shot head.... several guys say they only get one kill out of a head....that is too expensive for me!! what's the deal....??
Old 09-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rage users....

Most stories I've heard, is that the blades fall out in the deer. That's also what happened with my brother's doe earlier this year..
Old 09-28-2008, 06:50 PM

mine have passed thru a deer and the blades still close and redeploy like new
Old 09-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Spike

I used a Muzzy MX-4 a few years ago when they first came out, killed two deer with the same head a week apart and never sharpened it. I still have it and its still plenty sharp enough. Muzzy has always made a great product. You can't really go wrong if durability is what you're after. I use their MX-3's now, top notch.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Mallardkiller

I hope like hell EVERYONE is either replacing or resharpening the blades.

ONE SHOT RULE: Blades get ONE SHOT and they are done for hunting unless they are resharpened or replaced! ! ! !
Old 09-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

If the allen screw strips call RAGE and they will send you a brand new pack. FREE OF CHARGE. The buck I killed mangled the blades but no problems replacing them.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:10 PM

I shot mine through a 4" small tree at around 50 yards by accident on a deflection....cut the arrow out, both blades stil intact, one was badly bent. Ill replace the blades and put it back in the quiver.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:11 PM

ok good thanks! now I have a very dumb question.....all the pics I have seen look like the entryholes are horizontal and not vertical...I thought that was weird being that arrows should have spin on them and i thought I would see all kinds of different entry hole variations side ways, long ways, diagnal..etc, or am I wrong...do you need to have them screwed in a certain way?? or just screw em in andlet it rip??Im completely an idiot about mech heads...sorry for being annoying
Old 09-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes replace them.
No it isnt tough.
They havnt striped yet for me, dont cross thread them. You can use a 1/2 grade 8 bolt if you start it crooked its going to strip out. Not Rages problem.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: Mallardkiller

I hope like hell EVERYONE is either replacing or resharpening the blades.

ONE SHOT RULE: Blades get ONE SHOT and they are done for hunting unless they are resharpened or replaced! ! ! !
Ding, ding, ding.....we have a winner. No ifs ands or buts. New blades are a must.

Shane

Quick Reply: Rage users....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.